6 LDS Couples to Fill the Brangelina-Sized Hole in Our Hearts

Third Hour

In the wake of the devastating news that after 12 years and six children together, the Hollywood dream-team formerly known as "Brangelina" is soon to be no more, the world has experienced a collective emotional upheaval. It's as if all our hearts are breaking as Brangelina melts down to its constituent parts.  Thankfully, the internet has provided us with comfort, hope, and advice on how to explain this calamitous event to our children. But what it has yet to provide is a suitable replacement to fill the void left in our hearts by Brangelina. Allow me to suggest the following: 1. "Jitney" (Jimmer and Whitney Fredette) image via standard.net In 2011, Jimmer Freddette was picked 10th overall in the NBA draft by the Sacramento Kings. That same year, he married former BYU cheerleader Whitney Wonnacott. The couple was sealed in the Denver Temple by then-BYU President Samuelson. Essentially, they're a mascot for BYU athlete romance. 2. "Donebbie" (Donny and Debbie Osmond) image via ABC News Donny Osmond was only 20 years old when he married Debra Glenn in...

View the full article

Naturally, the Brangelina breakup takes front page news precedence on CNN over the Syrian civil war, the presidential election and North Korea threatening the US with nuclear war... such priorities

Edited by DoctorLemon

Guest MormonGator

That LadyGator and I aren't on the list is shocking and frankly, outrageous. After all, I was married to @zil the time I met LadyGator. Just like Brad and Jennifer!  And we all know I'm prettier than Mr. Pitt! 

Edited by MormonGator

16 hours ago, DoctorLemon said:

Naturally, the Brangelina breakup takes front page news precedence on CNN over the Syrian civil war, the presidential election and North Korea threatening the US with nuclear war... such priorities

Yeah I wouldn't exactly call it devastating news.

1 hour ago, pam said:

Yeah I wouldn't exactly call it devastating news.

Indeed... while I know the Mormon Hub isn't a hard news site this seem more as if it is telling us that we should be devastated when the Babylon the Whore of the Earth behaves well.. like... Babylon.

While yes a break up of a marriage is/should be a said thing no one should be surprised that a Hollywood marriage founded on adultery did not survive

6 hours ago, estradling75 said:

Indeed... while I know the Mormon Hub isn't a hard news site this seem more as if it is telling us that we should be devastated when the Babylon the Whore of the Earth behaves well.. like... Babylon.

While yes a break up of a marriage is/should be a said thing no one should be surprised that a Hollywood marriage founded on adultery did not survive

And yet, so many people thought that this was what true love was supposed to look like.

We are well into the second generation of Americans whose idea of "love" has been heavily influenced by a horde of Hollywood ninnies (including not just actors, but screenwriters and songwriters and lyricists and producers) who, on the whole, know nothing about commitment or companionship or sacrifice or compromise or how to build a spousal relationship on anything other than sex.

But, they insist--it is they, not we, who understand the function of "love" and marriage in a well-ordered society.  And it is we, not they, who are drowning in a tide of hate, apathy, and self-centeredness.

Edited by Just_A_Guy