Utah Mormon problems

Backroads

So, my sons and I were just thinking... Do you think people who live in Salt Lake would say... uh, we can miss Stake Conference this weekend.  It's just some guy from the 12.  Nobody from the 1st Presidency.  While we over here would be like... We gotta go to the Stake Center 3 hours early for the best seats!  We got an area 70 in attendance!

Which then led to a discussion on whether the First Presidency or the 12 would actually attend Utah Stake Conferences...

Edited by anatess2

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

So, my sons and I were just thinking... Do you think people who live in Salt Lake would say... uh, we can miss Stake Conference this weekend.  It's just some guy from the 12.  Nobody from the 1st Presidency.  While we over here would be like... We gotta go to the Stake Center 3 hours early for the best seats!  We got an area 70 in attendance!

Which then led to a discussion on whether the First Presidency or the 12 would actually attend Utah Stake Conferences...

Beef USA has steak conferences all over the country. I think the First Presidency and the 12 would love a good steak. I mean who wouldn't?

Oh... that kind of Stake Conference, never mind :D

Edited by Larry Cotrell

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

As opposed to ours; nobody knows what's on the agenda, and I can sleep through it just as well from 60 miles away in my own bed without pants.

27 minutes ago, Backroads said:

More troubles... I couldn't be bothered to check the address and the garments in question went to an old address.

Life is so hard!

I've gotten to know a few people who moved into my former addresses because I forgot to update my Amazon account.

9 hours ago, anatess2 said:

Growing up my Deacon Quorum advisor was husband to the General Relief Society president.  Granted he was also a former bishop, so he had that going for him.  Also, I had friends who had apostles in their wards.  And a president of BYU was from my home ward too before he was called.

Edited by bytebear

Oh, and back in the 1970s, my mom was on a general board on welfare, when I was a baby, so I don't remember it.  But there is a framed picture I grew up with, where she is in a sea of men, (she and one other woman were the only females in the picture). The men in the photo were the general board as well as the First Presidency and the 12 Apostles at the time.

Of course, this was also when the church was much smaller.  The Provo Temple was just being built, and the church had a whopping 13 temples worldwide)

Edited by bytebear

• pam unfeatured this topic