Media and Activities

0801h

I'm a new mom to a 4 month old. He's still just a baby... But I want to think ahead and find out where I could find appropriate media and activities for my baby when he's a little older. For example, I grew up not watching TV on Sundays. My husband did. I would like to compromise and allow some TV on Sunday, but something like the Living Scriptures. But it's so expensive, is there an appropriate alternative that is cheaper? Also, I see other moms with super cute activity books for their kids that are gospel oriented. I would prefer gospel oriented things like that to help keep him occupied on Sundays. Where would I find stuff like that to buy or make as he grows? Any other ideas you have as a baby grows for more gospel oriented and spiritual Sunday activities?

21 hours ago, 0801h said:

I'm a new mom to a 4 month old. He's still just a baby... But I want to think ahead and find out where I could find appropriate media and activities for my baby when he's a little older. For example, I grew up not watching TV on Sundays. My husband did. I would like to compromise and allow some TV on Sunday, but something like the Living Scriptures. But it's so expensive, is there an appropriate alternative that is cheaper? Also, I see other moms with super cute activity books for their kids that are gospel oriented. I would prefer gospel oriented things like that to help keep him occupied on Sundays. Where would I find stuff like that to buy or make as he grows? Any other ideas you have as a baby grows for more gospel oriented and spiritual Sunday activities?

For digital media, get the Gospel Library App. There's a section of videos that includes a reading of the various Scripture Stories and various videos to augment your scripture study. You can find DVD versions of these things (follow the links), but the App is free!

As they get older (not too older-junior primary) they can use Sunday to find a story in the Friend that they want to share for Family Home Evening. There are also activities in the Friend that are age appropriate. You can also find the latest issues on the App, which works well if your kids are reading it or trying a recipe, but for the hidden pictures and crosswords and such you'll probably want your own subscription.

Regarding the super-cute activity books, I would just ask the parents that have them where they got them.