Every missionary has an “exit interview” with their Mission President in which the President usually issues a challenge to the missionary: find an eternal companion. The journey to find a worthy mate can be treacherous and unpredictable. Believe me, I know. When I returned home from my mission I was eager to start my next mission to find an eternal companion and I dived in head first into the world of dating. What I was faced with was a plethora of awesomely awkward experiences.
Below is a list of eight awkward dating moments that occur for recently returned missionaries.
1. First date after the mission.
2. When someone from your ward says, “I know the perfect guy/girl for you!”
3. Hugging a person of the opposite sex for the first time.
4. Title dropping- when your date says, “I was the AP on my mission.”
5. Blind dates.
6. Dating an Elder or a Sister from your mission.
7. What your date thinks when you can’t stop talking about your mission.
8. First kiss after the mission.