Which do you prefer?

beefche

Which do you prefer and which part of the country (if from USA) do you hail from? North, South, East, West?

1. Jello--side dish or dessert?

2. Soda, pop, or coke?

3. Mac and cheese--side dish or main dish?

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork?

5. Grits--sweet or savory?

6. Bathroom tissue--over or under?

7. Green onions or scallions?

8. Pecan: pecahn or peecan?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Location: Transplanted Alaskan (now in Utah) born of a Utahn and a Washingtonian/Oregonian

1. Both? Actually I'm not a big fan of Jello, so I'll go side dish so I get a real dessert.

2. Soda.

3. Both, but usually main.

4. After trying it I'm going with tearing it up in a bowl.

5. Savory, either cheese or a little butter, salt and pepper.

6. My preference is there be TP in the bathroom period, I couldn't care less how it was hung on the role. Actually it's usually just sitting on the back of the tank next to the flushable wipes.

7. Green onions. I assume this is a question of nomenclature? Wiki says the same plant(s) can be referred to as either.

8. I'm no southern boy, tis peecahn for me.

Edited by Dravin

Live in Utah but grew up in San Diego.

1. Jello as a side dish or part of the salad family.

2. Soda

3. Mac and Cheese - would usually think of it as a main dish unless with meat loaf or something along that line would be a side dish. So I guess could be both.

4. Biscuits and Gravy - fork and knife

5. Grits - I usually avoid those

6. Bathroom tissue - I'm with Dravin, it usually doesn't make it to be hung. Usually on the back of the toilet.

7. Green Onions

8. pecahn (I am a southern girl...well So. California does that count?)

Which do you prefer and which part of the country (if from USA) do you hail from? North, South, East, West?

2. Soda, pop, or coke?

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork?

I'm from the US Mountain West, but served a mission to Kentucky. Gained 25lbs. from the experience. Who woulda thunk that fried foods could be bad for your figure?

1- side dish, and rarely. Usually only at potlucks.

2- fountain drink

3- When it's mac & cheese night, that's all there is. Unless I toss in a

cut-up hotdog.

4- If your biscuits are so hard they have to be cut with a knife, you're

doing it wrong. Gravy on top, eat (and cut) with a fork.

5- don't care for grits

6- I was taught (over winter break as a houseboy at Sun Valley Resort)

that over the top is the proper way.

7- neither, onions need to be sliced large enough to be picked out after

cooking.

8- pecahn, and never cared for the pie.

From the midwest (WI), but currently in the west (ID)...

1. Jello--side dish or dessert? Either, really.

2. Soda, pop, or coke? Soda.

3. Mac and cheese--side dish or main dish? Side dish.

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork? Knife/fork.

5. Grits--sweet or savory? Sweet.

6. Bathroom tissue--over or under? Over.

7. Green onions or scallions? Green onions.

8. Pecan: pecahn or peecan? Peecan.

]Which do you prefer and which part of the country (if from USA) do you hail from? North, South, East, West?

Midwest, then southwest, then "south" then west, now Midwest again,

1. Jello--side dish or dessert? Dessert, that is why the motto is "there's always room for jello" because you eat it when done eating

2. Soda, pop, or coke? Pop, it says so on the canPosted Image

(i know it's not on all cans but it's more efficient, one syllable vs the 2 of so-da)

3. Mac and cheese--side dish or main dish? prefer it as side but growing up poor it was a main too often

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork? Tearing is much more satisfying

5. Grits--sweet or savory? Crazy southern food i don't eat

6. Bathroom tissue--over or under? Under, keeps the kids from taking too much

7. Green onions or scallions? Don't eat much seafood;) . Don't eat green veggies

8. Pecan: pecahn or peecan? Pecahn, with bad British accent

Location: Born in CT, grew up in IL, lived for awhile in UT, currently in IL

1. Jello--side dish or dessert? Dessert, but depending on how it is made and what is in the jello it can be a side dish

2. Soda, pop, or coke? Soda

3. Mac and cheese--side dish or main dish? Mostly a main dish because I am lazy, but it can be a side dish

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork? Split and knife and fork, usually just a fork

5. Grits--sweet or savory? Savory, my hubby introduced me to grits and made it with sugar the first time, I swore off grits for years until he had me try a savory variation with bacon and lots of cheese, now I am for savory grits all the way.

6. Bathroom tissue--over or under? Over, under just bugs me. As a side note to this, as Dravin and Pam mentioned for themselves our TP rarely makes it to be hung, our TP dispenser is right over the vent so putting a roll on results in a mess of TP all over the place, our TP usually rests on the counter right next to the flushable wipes.

7. Green onions or scallions? Green onions

8. Pecan: pecahn or peecan? Peecan

Edited by Tarnished

Which do you prefer and which part of the country (if from USA) do you hail from? North, South, East, West? Umm, West, Central, South

1. Jello--side dish or dessert? - Dessert

2. Soda, pop, or coke? - Soda

3. Mac and cheese--side dish or main dish? - Main dish

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork? Split & knife/fork it

5. Grits--sweet or savory? - Blech! Savoury

6. Bathroom tissue--over or under? - over

7. Green onions or scallions? - Spring Onion

8. Pecan: pecahn or peecan? - Peehkan

California, Colorado, Ohio, Montana, Texas, Scotland. I guess I'm a bit of a mix.

2. Soda, pop, or coke?

From Southeastern United States

1. Jello is just gross. Wouldn't even give it to my dog.

2. I don't care if you call it soda or pop, just don't say coke and expect to get a Dr. Pepper.

3. Neither.

4. Definitely don't eat biscuits and gravy.

5. Also gross.

6. Over for sure.

7. What's with all the icky food in this post?

8. Pecahn wins every time.

I'm from the US Mountain West, but served a mission to Kentucky. Gained 25lbs. from the experience. Who woulda thunk that fried foods could be bad for your figure?

2- fountain drink

Well what do you call it when it comes out of a bottle and not a fountain?

2. Soda, pop, or coke?

Way down here in the booger bushes of Georgia-Deep DEEP southeastern USA.

1. Jello--side dish or dessert? entree (utensil not required for solid blob-eat John Belushi style)

2. Soda, pop, or coke? Coke, then you must ask or tell what kind..orange crush, Sprite, grape..etc

3. Mac and cheese--side dish or main dish? Both..even during the same meal. I like mac n chz

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork? neither, poke a hole in the top center with your thumb and pour no less than a pint of syrup in and over biscuit, then use small shovel. (when I die just put a biscuit in one hand and a bottle of syrup in the other and I'll just SOP my way to Heaven!!!)

5. Grits--sweet or savory? Sweet?? anyone who ruins perfectly good grits with 5 pounds of sugar should be shot. Cheese, and plenty of it with salt and pepper. OH, and a blob of butter.

6. Bathroom tissue--over or under? We keep the Sears catalog "under" the foot stool in our outhouse.

7. Green onions or scallions? yep!

8. Pecan: pecahn or peecan? peecan, peenut and anyone who has a name with an A in it like Gary you pronounce it with a long a. gAry, mAry etc.

Yeah, I'm a hick...wanna FIGHT ABOUT IT???

2. Soda, pop, or coke?

Born and raised in the South, did a 7-year stretch in the Ohio, and now live in the Bay Area.

1. Either.

2. Coke FTW

3. Either. It's hard to beat a good side of mac and cheese, but it can make a fine main dish too.

4. If you can use a fork to eat your biscuits and gravy, you don't have enough gravy.

5. Sweet, on the rare occasions when I eat 'em

6. Toilet paper? What happened to the Sears catalog? Under.

7. Scallions

8. Pee-cahn'. Any other pronunciation is false doctrine.

1. Jello--side dish or dessert? Neither, I don't like jello (and yes I'm LDS)

But how anyone could consider it a side dish is beyond me -- what are you people?--Nuts?!? j/k.......maybe :confused:

2. Soda, pop, or coke? Soda

3. Mac and cheese--side dish or main dish? Side dish

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork? split/fork

5. Grits--sweet or savory? neither, I think grits are something you have to start when you're young and the Scandohoovians in MN (where I'm from) never heard of them.

6. Bathroom tissue--over or under? Over if it makes it to the roller at all

7. Green onions or scallions? Green Onions

8. Pecan: pecahn or peecan?pecahn

Born and raised in the North(MN), lived in the south (TX) for 20 years now.

Edited by mnn727

Guest xforeverxmetalx

- Southeast US

- Dessert

2. Soda, pop, or coke?

- Soda

- If with a bigger meal, then side... if made as a quick meal, then main.

- Neither, I like it just with butter

- Don't like them

- Over but don't mind either

- Neither

- Pecahn

I was born in Idaho, but lived in CA, UT, and Southern Idaho.

1. Jello--dessert, def. But must have whipped cream

2. Soda-pop.

3. Mac and cheese--can be both, depending on how fancy and if it has baby peas and tuna in it :P

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with fork

5. Grits--sweet. lots of honey and milk

6. Bathroom tissue--over! Unless the holder is broken then it's sitting on side of tub lol

7. Green onions

8. Pecan: pecahn or peecan? peechaaan

This whole thread is making me crave mac and cheese for supper tonight. And I am pretty sure I have a box at home. Thanks Beefche, this makes it easier for me to decide what to make for supper tonight.

That last sentence reminds me of this question thing as well. Do people call it super or dinner?

South Georgia

1. Jello--side dish or dessert? Do not eat it.

2. Soda, pop, or coke? Pop.

3. Mac and cheese--side dish or main dish? Do not eat it.

4. Biscuits and gravy--tear up the biscuit and eat with spoon or split biscuit and eat with knife/fork? Biscuit...No gravy.

5. Grits--sweet or savory? With pepper and a pat of butter.

6. Bathroom tissue--over or under? Over.

7. Green onions or scallions? Both.

8. Pecan: pecahn or peecan? P can...when the spelling is changed to pecon, then I might pronounce it peh cohn. :rolleyes:

From Canada(vancouver)

Snack.. Maybe dessert

2. Soda, pop, or coke?

Pop

Snack.

Knife and fork - I haven't tried it any other way

Have not had

no preferance

Neither