Iran : A 17 Year Old Girl Is Sentenced To Death By Hanging.

Fiannan

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Announcement/601081013.htm

Nazanin, 17, was sentenced to death by hanging for defending herself against three rapists.

A young girl who defended herself and her chastity against three male assailants who intended to kidnap and rape her causing injury to one of them who later died in hospital was condemned to death by hanging in an Islamic court in Iran. Nazanin who has seen no more than 17 Springs, all of which under the tyrannical rule of the Mullahs is now facing execution for trying to defend herself and her honor.

Interesting article and insight into how things operate in the Middle East.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I know that you think it was, but the founding fathers said otherwise, didn't they? Jefferson himself said that they deliberately avoided using Christian terminology in the Constitution because all faiths were to receive equal respect. It is a God-fearing nation, but was never meant to be a "Christian" one, and you saying so can't change that. B)

I've said before; if America had been founded as a "Christian nation", the LDS Church would likely not exist. ;) After all, a good number of mainstream Christian churches sure think we are not in the club...

We are not a theocracy, and no church gets more consideration than any other.

Thank goodness.

<div class='quotemain'>

Tell that to the Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, and everyone else that reside here. :rolleyes:

It was never meant to be a Christian nation, as the founders knew the danger of allowing religion to govern.

Thank goodness. B)

Thank goodness we know that America was established as a Christian nation!

Let us be very careful how we define things. It was not until the year 1829 before legal efforts were ever used in this country (the State of New York) to keep a Christian from killing (without cause) someone that did not believe in the Trinity. Although this involved the Jews and not Native Americans (or LDS) the particular importance of this new Law has meaning in History to the LDS. I would also point out that just less than 100 years ago killing Blacks in some places of this country was not considered a crime.

BTW - abusing a pet in many places today caries greater penalities than abusing a child. :wow:

The Traveler

Let us be very careful how we define things. It was not until the year 1829 before legal efforts were ever used in this country (the State of New York) to keep a Christian from killing (without cause) someone that did not believe in the Trinity. Although this involved the Jews and not Native Americans (or LDS) the particular importance of this new Law has meaning in History to the LDS. I would also point out that just less than 100 years ago killing Blacks in some places of this country was not considered a crime.

BTW - abusing a pet in many places today caries greater penalities than abusing a child. :wow:

The Traveler

That's what I and others have tried to tell her before, but she has her own ideas about it and won't look at facts.

What I think is irrelevant; it has been proven, not only by our founders, but by the prophets...America is a Christian nation and will ever remain so, as this is the chosen land prepared for the return of our Savior. And, yes, thank goodness!

Such things are "proven" only in your mind. ;) Again, this is just your personal opinion, with which many of us disagree in light of facts and history.

In deed, it has been proven by our founding fathers, as well as by the words of our prophets.

You can never convince me of your opinion, as I've read far too much about this. I'll not waste time reposting the many quotes that show why your idea is incorrect; you've seen them at least once and chose to ignore them.

No, I'm sorry, but facts as well as history do not bear your opinion out. :wacko:

You should be very grateful for that. ;)

We will agree to disagree; but I wasn't born yesterday! I know the facts...which I have stated...based upon the words of the prophets and our founders.

Since when did anyone credible accuse the John Birch Society of using facts to support their outrageous claims?

We'll have to agree to disagree; I've shown you the quotes stating why they left Christianity out of the Constitution.

Indeed. Thank god the founders were not as short-sighted (or is it small-minded?) as some people.

And I have shown you quotes stating otherwise...including quotes from our prophets...what part don't you understand?! LOL

You've actually shown nothing that "proves" that our nation was founded to be Christian, but I have shown you statements from the founding fathers saying that it was not. Their intention was that all religions would be respected equally, because they knew the trouble that comes from allowing one to take precedence over another. The Middle East is a good example of that kind of system; we avoided that by favoring no faith over another. That was by design, you see.

The part I "don't understand" is why some people are so desperate to paint their own opinions as fact, when if it was fact your own church would likely not exist. B)

You have your opinion, which is fine; it just is not shared by others.

Thomas Jefferson wrote in his Autobiography:

"Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting "Jesus Christ," so that it would read "A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;" the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination."

;)

That is just awful, about Nazanin. :(

We should be grateful we live under a secular form of government that does not allow religious extremists, whether they be Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, or *gasp!* Christian to make and enforce such laws. America is indeed a Christian nation--there is no disputing that the vast majority of Americans are Christians (in name, anyway), and that it's a good thing for us to follow Christ--but we live under a secular form of government specifically to avoid the problems of theocracy, like the ones they experience in Iran. My personal belief is that since Christ Himself would never force people to follow Him, neither should we attempt to force Christianity on people.

That is just awful, about Nazanin. :(

We should be grateful we live under a secular form of government that does not allow religious extremists, whether they be Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, or *gasp!* Christian to make and enforce such laws. America is indeed a Christian nation--there is no disputing that the vast majority of Americans are Christians (in name, anyway), and that it's a good thing for us to follow Christ--but we live under a secular form of government specifically to avoid the problems of theocracy, like the ones they experience in Iran. My personal belief is that since Christ Himself would never force people to follow Him, neither should we attempt to force Christianity on people.

I agree completely. B) Well put.