Ward Conference?

Latter Days Guy

very similar to a regular Sunday, except many or most of the Stake leaders will be there. In sacrament meeting you'll get to sustain everyone (like at General Conference) - this is one of my favorite parts, actually -- when I was serving in a Stake calling, I got to go to 10 ward conferences each year and got to hear the names and put my hand up each time - feels good. Usually the Stake Leaders actually give the talks and/or lessons that day as well (Stk Primary will do sharing time, a member of the stk presidency will teach the Adult Sunday school, etc.). Sometimes the YW & YM are combined (and taught by a Stk leader) so the adults who normally teach third hour can go to Priesthood and RS.

Wow, what a great Ward conference this morning! The Spirit was really moving during all the meetings, from Priesthood, to Gospel Principles and then into Sacrament! Stake president gave a fantastic talk about being more of a family in the church and using our time at the temple to it's fullest!

After the Sacrament meeting the Bishop called me into his office and asked how it was all going with my return to Church, then said that I would be put forward at the September Stake conference to become an Elder!

I was under the impression that I had only been made a Deacon before my vacation from the church for 20 odd years but apparently I was a Priest :sparklygrin:

Now all I have to do is get the wife and family involved, but she seems to be totally anti the church in every way possible :(

Nice to hear it was such a good experience for you.

If your wife seems anti-church then just go and do so without guilt on either end. Don't feel guilty and don't make her feel guilty either. Once she knows it is a habit and you enjoy it, she just may join you.