How much time do (and should) you spend studying scriptures?

Vort

I'd like to read the scriptures more often, maybe 20-30 minutes a day. I want to read a good chunk of the Book of Mormon before I meet the missionaries and familiarize myself with it. I do wish I had more time to read though, especially with work and stuff getting in the way. :(

I've mentioned it before, but for those who haven't read, one thing I've begun doing in the last year or two is listening to the BoM and all scriptures on my ipod. You can DL the entire set from lds.org and listen while you work. I've listened to all four standard works many, many times and have developed greater retention as a result. I don't miss scripture study time anymore and work goes by so much faster with the Spirit teaching me new things throughout my shifts. Please consider giving it a try. You'll find a new found spirituality.

I have a little over a week until school starts up again and only three days until my baptism! So I am trying to get through as much of the Book of Mormon as I can until my baptism and until school starts. Sometimes it's only a chapter, sometimes more. I am currently on 2 Nephi 24 and hope to finish 2 Nephi today.

Once school starts, ideally, I hope to wake up early and read a chapter or two a day. On my commute from the main campus to the downtown campus, I am planning on reading on the shuttle and between classes. This semester I want to immerse myself in the scriptures!

Hopefully I can accomplish this and read all the Standard Works of Scripture!

I have a little over a week until school starts up again and only three days until my baptism! So I am trying to get through as much of the Book of Mormon as I can until my baptism and until school starts. Sometimes it's only a chapter, sometimes more. I am currently on 2 Nephi 24 and hope to finish 2 Nephi today.

Once school starts, ideally, I hope to wake up early and read a chapter or two a day. On my commute from the main campus to the downtown campus, I am planning on reading on the shuttle and between classes. This semester I want to immerse myself in the scriptures!

Hopefully I can accomplish this and read all the Standard Works of Scripture!

I have about two weeks and a bit til high school starts, and I'm on 1 Nephi still. I hope to finish by early September. Oh, and my baptism is in October. :D I like to read at least 5-10, even 50 pages a night. I just love the Book of Mormon.

I hope your scripture reading goes well. :)

• 3 months later...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for everybody who posted! You have helped me feel normal. I am in a ward with less than 50% activity and have found a lot of people with young kids like me are not regular scripture readers. I have been thinking I have been overdoing it and am weird if I read 20-30 minutes a day. It seems like most people just read as a family (we do that also). Thanks so much. You have no idea.

Guest Doctrine
Thank you, thank you, thank you for everybody who posted! You have helped me feel normal. I am in a ward with less than 50% activity and have found a lot of people with young kids like me are not regular scripture readers. I have been thinking I have been overdoing it and am weird if I read 20-30 minutes a day. It seems like most people just read as a family (we do that also). Thanks so much. You have no idea.

Just think if you read five minutes longer then you would be the scholar in the ward, lol.