Why won't people leave my candy alone?

Jamie123

They started in a small way, back in the 1980's, by getting rid of "Spangles". A small thing you might think, but worse was to come...

Then they changed the name of "Marathon" to "Snickers". (Yes, I know that's what the Americans have always called it, but so what?)

It got worse...

They changed "Opal Fruits" to "Starburst". (Ditto...Americans...etc...blah blah...so what?)

They did away with "Whispa"! (Admittedly they've now brought it back, but the memory of those terrible Whisperless years will remain with me till my dying day!)

But now they really have gone too far. They've changed the shape of Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate from its beautiful rectangular shape with its gently sloping sides to a kind of wierd oval with a kind of ellipsoidal "dome". It's the straw that broke the camel's back!

It's a tough old world :(

By people you mean Mars and Cadbury?

I don't care what their names are, if they keep messing around with candy the way they are, I'm going to get seriously cross!

And another thing: Victory V's don't have chloroform in them any more. Boo hoo :(

Edited by Jamie123
I forgot to whine about Victory V's

Here I thought this post was going to be about you having a candy jar on your desk and people swiping candy with no "thank you."

Well, this was a history lesson for me. Snickers have never been anything but "Snickers." Starburst (better name by the way) have never been anything but "Starburst."

Have no clue what you mean by "Whispa."

They appear, to me, to have left your candy alone for some time now. :D

I like a lot of different chocolate brands, but I have to admit, there is nothing like a piece of Hershey bar melting in your mouth. It's so chocolatey! And the new Hershey's Simple Pleasures? Made by angels, I swear.

If you're ever on the east coast, go on the tour in Hershey, PA.

They started in a small way, back in the 1980's, by getting rid of "Spangles". A small thing you might think, but worse was to come...

Then they changed the name of "Marathon" to "Snickers". (Yes, I know that's what the Americans have always called it, but so what?)

It got worse...

They changed "Opal Fruits" to "Starburst". (Ditto...Americans...etc...blah blah...so what?)

They did away with "Whispa"! (Admittedly they've now brought it back, but the memory of those terrible Whisperless years will remain with me till my dying day!)

But now they really have gone too far. They've changed the shape of Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate from its beautiful rectangular shape with its gently sloping sides to a kind of wierd oval with a kind of ellipsoidal "dome". It's the straw that broke the camel's back!

It's a tough old world :(

Now! Now!, don't have a meltdown. And really! Did you ever stop to think how that clucking bunny felt laying rectangular shaped Dairy Milk Chocolate bars?

I know Whispa.

And I grew up on Cadbury so that'll always have a special place in my heart but here in the good ole US of A, I'm happy to eat any kind of chocolate if it's dark dark dark chocolate and it's spicy. That's a whole new kind of deliciousness.

Now! Now!, don't have a meltdown. And really! Did you ever stop to think how that clucking bunny felt laying rectangular shaped Dairy Milk Chocolate bars?

I love chocolate meltdowns..especially when they are s'mores.

Well, this was a history lesson for me. Snickers have never been anything but "Snickers." Starburst (better name by the way) have never been anything but "Starburst."

Au contraire mon frere - note the way things used to be:

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...