Calendar pages

If anyone is interested, here is my spreadsheet that I made for my own planner pages.

Daily Calendar.xls

The Features:

• One-page per day with task list, schedule, and notes sections.
  • Week-at-a-glance (six days) page across from the weekly planning day.  We do that on Sunday, and that is what it is currently set up for.
  • Month-at-a-glance on two pages.
  • Has no frills, no holidays, no quote of the day.  It is just a basic planner if you want to have one for cheaper than what you get in the store.

Instructions:

1. Enter Saturday's date into cell "P1".   (If you do weekly planning on a day other than Sunday, enter the day before your planning day into cell "P1").
    • You may notice that the sheet dates are out of order.  This is because when you print them double-sided, then cut them, the pages will be in the right order.
  2. Print preview on a letter sized sheet in landscape orientation.
  3. Adjust headers, footers, and margins to fit with your printer.  Depending on your printer you may need to adjust some column/row sizes.  But this current state should work with most printers.
  4. Make sure your printer is set to print across, then down -- rather than down, then over.
  5. Print a few test pages.  Cut in half, collate.  See if it printed in the correct order.
  6. If all is good, print as many sheets as you wish.  The current setup can print about 5-1/2 months of pages.  When you get to the next dates, change the date in cell "P1" to another Saturday.  Lather-rinse-repeat.
  7. Go to the "Monthly" tab to print out the month-at-a-glance sheets.
  8. Once you've cut and collated them you'll want to punch holes in them.  I've provided enough space at the edges to allow for the hole punch when you cut the sheets in half.
  9. You'll notice that the printing of the daily calendar does not stop at the end of the month.  So, it is possible that your placement of the month-at-a-glance sheets will be somewhat awkward vis-a-vis the sheet with the first/last day of the month.  Deal with it.  It's free.  And it was both a waste and a headache to try to fix it with the flexibility I wanted.

Explanation/Cautions/Options:

• This planner is obviously based on the Franklin or Day-Timer, whichever you use.
  • But I figured that the extra journal page is wasted for many people's lifestyles.  
  • A small notes area is great if you want to jot something down really fast.  
  • A "special notes" area is there for things you may need to go back to in a week or two, and you don't want to look through all the junk that you're just jotting down for a moment.
  • Sunday's are the day we have for our family council and planning sessions.  They're also the days we get our Church activity information.  So, a week at a glance is great to have right across from that day.  If your day is different, then use another day in "P1".
  • The week-at-a-glance only has six days on it because across from it is the planning day.  So, you do end up having all seven days at a glance.
  • The purpose of the week at a glance is to simply have a meaningful meeting about weekly activities without shifting through all seven days of sheets.  It is not intended to provide a detailed schedule or task list or whatever from every day.  It is only for the activities that are going to affect weekly planning.  We found that the month-at-a-glance didn't provide quite enough space for this -- for our lives.  Your mileage may vary.
  • If you don't want the week at a glance, you can put whatever you want there.  But it will mess up the printing order if you delete the sheet entirely.
  • You'll need monthly tabs.  The pages are printed out, but there are no tabs for quick reference to those pages.  I get the mylar sticky tabs from the office supply store and write the months on them.  If you can't afford a package of tabs each year, they can actually be reused for a few years.  (I feel the pennies being pinched right now).

Enjoy!  Happy Planning.

Edited by Guest

I see there have been a few views on this thread.  If anyone downloaded the file, it had an error in it.  Apparently the first Tuesday of the "little" month on the daily sheets had a "11" font size.  It should be 6.

I've corrected it and replaced the file in the post.  But if you downloaded prior to my replacement, you may have the error in it.  

• 2 months later...