26 Weird Family Christmas Traditions

As a group, Latter-day Saints largely celebrate Christmas in the same ways as the other Christians around us. But that doesn't mean we don't have our quirks. I asked our readers about their strangest Christmas traditions . Head down to the comments to add your family's strangest Christmas tradition. Grab a Fork A lot of readers shared traditions about what they ate around Christmas time. The night before Christmas one family eats "shrimp and French fries" every year. While another reports they always have pizza for Christmas Eve dinner. The next morning, one family always has a breakfast . . . turkey? Their dad puts it in the oven at midnight so it would be ready as everyone woke up. Another family has the tradition of the kids making breakfast. Once they reached dessert, one family traditionally has oyster soup. Still, no family had quite as intense a Christmas tradition as one who reported they kill all their Christmas food with their bare hands. The only Christmas food I kill with my bare hands...

View the full article

Here's a weird tradition:

We don't open any presents, or take down our stockings, or ANYTHING "Christmas-y" until we've gathered in the living room and read the Christmas story from Luke and Matthew.

3 minutes ago, Vort said:

The "Santa's Hungry" heading over the picture of a reindeer made me think that Santa's doing some North Pole ranching.

Free range caribou taste much better than reindeer.