Where to start - Questioning if this is for me.

1 hour ago, Lilyflowers88 said:

Just like it says in James 1:5-6 (KJV)

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

I truly believe that if you pray to Heavenly Father and ask him what his plans are for your life, that he will guide you to the answers you are seeking. The answers may not come immediately, but in God's time and at the time that he decides is right for you, he will lead you and help you to find the answers to your questions. If you are curious about attending the LDS church, wondering if it is right for you, I would tell you to continue doing what you're doing. Go to church. Pray about the things you learn in the church service. Ask members in your ward questions about the Gospel :) The fact that you have started to wonder about whether or not God is leading you to this church, to me, is a good indication that he is. First there is a thought. Then there is action.

Oh my baptisim is in 25 1/2 hours :) 

On 17/02/2017 at 10:33 PM, Jsmith85 said:

Oh my baptisim is in 25 1/2 hours :) 

That's wonderful! I just read through your thread and I'm so pleased for you that you've accepted to be baptized.

I just want to share my brief testimony with you. Before I joined the church I had no belief in God. I actually spent some time debating with people on how much I think God isn't true. Everything make complete sense to me as to why there was no God.

I won't give you assays on what led to my conversion (unless you want to know, just ask and I'll give the longer version) but I'll give you the short version. I was baptized on the 5th of September, 2014. Before and a few months after my baptism, I was in a very lonely place. I was working part-time in a job that I was struggling with, my relationship with my parents weren't going well and I locked away in my room hiding from the world. No ambition, no self-esteem and no friends. So much had happened that it came to the point where I wanted to hide away, and then the hiding spot came too comfortable. I was addicted to some nasty stuff online which has ended up scaring me.

Now after my conversion, everything started to change. In the 1st year I was married, and in the 2nd year (now) I am now married, a 10 month baby girl, a full-time good pay job and so much more. The lord really did rescue me form the mires of the world, he pulled me out of that room and now I know who I am and who he wants me to be. Isn't this funny coming from someone who didn't believe in God? The short version of this is that God only makes sense when faith comes first. We have so much influance all around us on a day to day basis, and our minds can sometimes think it's right too much of the time. Faith steps your mind out of your own thinking process, and allows you to see the bigger picture. Faith honestly sounded like the most stupidest thing ever, but now it's the purpose of who I am, and I live my life loving the power of faith.

My build up to joining this church is another story, but I just want you to know that you have made the right decision. If something in this church does not make sense to you, then know that it's only because YOU don't make sense of it, and one day you will be able to make sense of it through your faithfulness in studying the scriptures given to us by God.

12 hours ago, Rickie said:

Thanks :) I've browsed these forums for awhile now, just didn't know where to start posting.

When I started posting, I never put things in the right place! The moderators moved things for me and I figured it out. So happy to have you here!

Edited by Sunday21

• pam unfeatured this topic