Being grateful my trials are what they are, knock on wood

Backroads

MH friends, I've had a bad word of a day.  My class was out of control: a stealing party, the ADHD bunch were all off their meds/therapy, the one who was smashed by a fridge last year spent the morning in court about it and was thus distracted all day, our grade team meeting devolved into a suspicious rant about other staff and administration, which left me feeling negative, we burned dinner, and my daughter chopped her hair off.

I need Girl Scout cookies, a bubble bath, and my guilty pleasure Amish romance novels.

And yet, I found myself reminded that about this time last month I was in the hospital as my other daughter fought off bacterial meningitis.

I am so lucky my biggest trial right now is a bad day at a job I otherwise love and my kid cutting her own hair.

Rant/acknowledgment of blessings over.

On 2017-03-08 at 10:08 PM, Backroads said:

MH friends, I've had a bad word of a day.  My class was out of control: a stealing party, the ADHD bunch were all off their meds/therapy, the one who was smashed by a fridge last year spent the morning in court about it and was thus distracted all day, our grade team meeting devolved into a suspicious rant about other staff and administration, which left me feeling negative, we burned dinner, and my daughter chopped her hair off.

I need Girl Scout cookies, a bubble bath, and my guilty pleasure Amish romance novels.

And yet, I found myself reminded that about this time last month I was in the hospital as my other daughter fought off bacterial meningitis.

I am so lucky my biggest trial right now is a bad day at a job I otherwise love and my kid cutting her own hair.

Rant/acknowledgment of blessings over.

I had no idea that Amish romances were a thing until a few years ago when my sister admitted her addiction. You sure don't have to worry about unsavoury content! Many are very well written. Great sentences and lovely paragraphs!

Well... my son's teacher won millions in the lottery.  He was there one day and gone the next.  They got a sub in and he was horrible and parents started complaining.  We got the announcement that the lottery-winning teacher is coming back to complete the school year.  I bet he started to feel guilty about abandoning his kids.  He was a great teacher!  I was wanting so bad to tell him, don't come back.  The kids will never stop asking you for money everyday.  I can just see this now... "You want me to get good grades on the assessment test?  Give me money...", "You want me to stop throwing paper balls?  Give me money...".

Edited by anatess2