Texas Get Together

The Utah folks appear to be getting together in Salt Lake.  I noticed quite a few people on the forum are from Texas.  Would anyone be desirous to have a Texas get-together?

Guest Godless
12 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Where in Texas?

I was just thinking the same thing. We're a lot more spread out than our Utah counterparts. A day trip could be tricky (though not impossible). Definitely consider me interested, details pending.

3 hours ago, Godless said:

I was just thinking the same thing. We're a lot more spread out than our Utah counterparts. A day trip could be tricky (though not impossible). Definitely consider me interested, details pending.

Well, I live in Houston.  I don't know where others live.  I was going to make a map and try to find a central location (as much as possible).

Guest MormonGator

@Carborendum, my bother, my friend-you are going to pay for everyone in the south to fly first class to this box social right?

@Godless is paying for me and my entourage to stay at something called the Trump Plaza hotel....(we all know Godless is a big Trump guy) 

Edited by MormonGator

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

@Carborendum, my bother, my friend-you are going to pay for everyone in the south to fly first class to this box social right?

@Godless is paying for me and my entourage to stay at something called the Trump Plaza hotel....(we all know Godless is a big Trump guy) 

Yes, it is first class in the "gator flight via automobile along I-70" airlines.  The owner of the airline will supply the fuel and overnight accommodations.;)

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Yes, it is first class in the "gator flight via automobile along I-70" airlines.  The owner of the airline will supply the fuel and overnight accommodations.;)

This wasn't part of my backstage rider pal. You better have my Perrier. 

And @pam had my grilled cheese sandwich nice and ready when her and I met. Hint hint. 

Edited by MormonGator

20 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I'm Filipino.  I have family everywhere.  Well... except, apparently, in Utah.

If you make me pancit and lumpia I'd be happy to be your family in Utah. :)

15 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

This wasn't part of my backstage rider pal. You better have my Perrier. 

And @pam had my grilled cheese sandwich nice and ready when her and I met. Hint hint. 

You know what?  My family has been getting into kefir sodas.  Have you tried them?  If you're ever over this way, I'd be glad to pop a top with you.

21 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I'm Filipino.  I have family everywhere.  Well... except, apparently, in Utah.

So, does that mean you're in?  If so, where is your closest family you could visit near Houston?

3 hours ago, Godless said:

San Antoinio is a ways away.  But I've made such day trips for work.  It took all day to make a three hour visit.  If you want to crash on our couch for an over-nighter, you'd be welcome.

26 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

So, does that mean you're in?  If so, where is your closest family you could visit near Houston?

I have tons of family in and around Houston, San Antonio, and even as far north as Lubbock.  But, this weekend is just a wee bit too late to make arrangements, but if you make this a regular gathering, I will definitely show up for future ones!

Edited by anatess2

7 minutes ago, pam said:

Absolutely

GOODY!  I'll even make you adobo if you have an extra corner for 2 teen-agers... they're both housebroken.  it's too late to make arrangements for this conference but I'll definitely try to swing by for future get togethers.

Edited by anatess2

42 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Why in the world would he go all the way up to I-70 to get to Texas?  10 or 20 makes sense, but not 70.

I'll be driving through Amarillo a couple times this year... :)

4 minutes ago, zil said:

Why in the world would he go all the way up to I-70 to get to Texas?  10 or 20 makes sense, but not 70.

Oops.  I just had an "I used to live in Colorado but moved to Texas" brain fart.

Yes, I-10.  Sorry @MormonGator.

Edited by Guest

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Oops.  I just had an "I used to live in Colorado but moved to Texas" brain fart.

Yes, I-10.  Sorry @MormonGator.

And here I was, packed and ready to go. You obviously don't want me there. Jerk face. 

:P

9 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I have tons of family in and around Houston, San Antonio, and even as far north as Lubbock.  But, this weekend is just a wee bit too late to make arrangements, but if you make this a regular gathering, I will definitely show up for future ones!

I wasn't talking about this week.  I'm talking about in a month or two.  That gives people enough time to get calendars coordinated.  It wasn't about General Conference.  After all, what would @Godless do while we're all sitting there for four hours listening to conference?  I mean, he's welcome to join us.  But I don't see why he would.

4 minutes ago, zil said:

That would be I-40 for Amarillo... or I-20 then go through Lubbock to get to Amarillo.  I haven't visited my cousin there in a while.  I should take that trip.

Just now, Carborendum said:

I wasn't talking about this week.  I'm talking about in a month or two.  That gives people enough time to get calendars coordinated.  It wasn't about General Conference.  After all, what would @Godless do while we're all sitting there for four hours listening to conference?  I mean, he's welcome to join us.  But I don't see why he would.

You underestimate Godless.

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

And here I was, packed and ready to go. You obviously don't want me there. Jerk face. 

:P

Don't Soda Jerks tend to have really acne-marked skin?  I never had that problem. :rainfro:

2 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

Serving us sodas?