I think I had a spiritual breakthrough

As a lot of you know, I was making a lot of threads where I was worried about the afterlife. After talking with my therapist we realized that I wasn't putting enough trust in the Lord. I'll explain what that means. I imagined in my mind an afterlife where I would have to be in control of all the heavenly rewards myself, like I would have to come up with everything I wanted, how I wanted it to look, and basically be working alone. Together with my therapist I've come to the conclusion that the Lord knows me better than I will ever know myself and I can trust in Him to decide what the afterlife will be like so I can stop worrying. Basically what it says in scriptures about not being able to comprehend what the Lord has prepared for those who love Him.

Basically I was worrying that I would have to come up with everything I wanted on my own, instead of realizing and trusting that the Lord knows me better than I know myself and will bless me with what's best for me, whatever it is. This mind frame takes a whole load off my stress and worry about the afterlife and now I can just focus on this life taking life one day at a time, one moment at a time trying to be a disciple of Christ, knowing the Lord is watching and will judge accordingly and I can trust I will be happy with His judgement. I'm very much more relaxed after having this breakthrough today.

Another problem was I was comparing myself to other members and prophets of old. I looked at all the prophets and modern and apostles and saw some were sealed to multiple women so I thought maybe I need to be sealed to multiple women too if these men were. What helped combat that was I listened to several President Uchtdorf talks who seems like he specifically writes his conference talks for me, and the common theme he had in his talks was "avoid pride, simplify, keep things simple, and just focus on being a disciple of Christ." His talks have been helping me a lot whenever I feel I'm getting too far out there, I listen to a President Uchtdorf talk and he brings me back down to earth with simple instructions like the gospel is so easy even a child can understand it. The talks by Uchtdorf I'm talking about and are on youtube are called "Pride and the Priesthood", "You Matter to Him", Of Things that matter Most", and "It works Wonderfully". Those 4 talks really help me focus on what's important. I love President Uchtdorf.

“mortality was designed, in a manner of speaking, as the season of unanswered questions...I believe that mortality’s supreme test is to face the “why” and then let it go, trusting humbly in the Lord’s promise that “all things must come to pass in their time” (D&C 64:32).”
Lance B. Wickman

we love you @Zarahemla :) Keep asking the hard questions! I always respect some e who isn't afraid of that!

Edited by Fether

I think many members have difficulty trusting G-d. Many believe in G-d, but they do not believe G-d in the sense that they do not believe that they will be saved after all they can do. They do not believe themselves worthy of G-d's promises. They do not believe that they are celestial material. This lack of belief is a problem. How hard do you try to learn to skate if you do not believe that you will ever learn to skate?

I hope people on this board have noticed a positive difference in my tone and content on this board recently. I feel happier in life and closer than ever to my Savior and I'm trying to do everything I can to do what's right.

3 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

I hope people on this board have noticed a positive difference in my tone and content on this board recently. I feel happier in life and closer than ever to my Savior and I'm trying to do everything I can to do what's right.

Great news! Good for you.

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

I hope people on this board have noticed a positive difference in my tone and content on this board recently.

I have, for sure. Wonderful to see. 

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Zarahemla said:

Thanks buddy! I'm sorry for any mean or hurtful posts I've written towards you in the past.

No worries at all bro.

Edited by MormonGator