New Thread for Runewell

23 hours ago, The Folk Prophet said:

I theory I agree. Except I wasn't seeing much "respect" coming from him. And I don't mean that in tone, etc., which we all struggle with sometimes. I mean the clear and obvious malice he held towards us and our beliefs. Not respectful.

To me, if there was malice it was mild at best, and somewhat expected and two way where each side differs in what they deem sacred. It is the kind of thing one may empathetically look past in pursuit of mutual understanding and growth.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

19 hours ago, MormonGator said:

I'm a big believer in trying to get to know someone. I threw him (Runewell) a bone by asking in a PM "Hey, what religion are you? What brought you here?" and got no response. He obviously had an agenda to follow and was only interested in preaching, not talking or listening. 

Maybe. But, he or she was still allowing himself to be exposed to our point of view. When a competing chef comes into our kitchen with the intent of teaching us how to cook differently, there is the chance he might taste something of ours he finds surprisingly delicious. ;)

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Guest MormonGator
2 hours ago, wenglund said:

Maybe.

There's no maybe about it. If you take the five minutes to try and get to know someone odds are much better they'll listen to you. If you show zero interest in who they are (and that's your right too, of course) don't be surprised if they don't listen to you.

He or she (Runewell, not @wenglund) shouldn't have said what they did, and they should have acted much differently.

Edited by MormonGator

45 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

There's no maybe about it. If you take the five minutes to try and get to know someone odds are much better they'll listen to you. If you show zero interest in who they are (and that's your right too, of course) don't be surprised if they don't listen to you.

He or she (Runewell, not @wenglund) shouldn't have said what they did, and they should have acted much differently.

Since I am not a mind-reader and am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt and allow for a multitude of things I may not know about relative strangers, particularly in the fairly limited and opaque sphere of cyberspace discussion boards, I prefer to stick with "maybe," thankyouverymuch. You, of course, are free to do otherwise.

Thanks, -Wade Englund. 

Guest MormonGator
3 minutes ago, wenglund said:

Since I am not a mind-reader and am inclined to give the benefit of the doubt and allow for a multitude of things I may not know about relative strangers, particularly in the fairly limited and opaque sphere of cyberspace discussion boards, I prefer to stick with "maybe," thankyouverymuch. You, of course, are free to do otherwise.

Thanks, -Wade Englund. 

Just for the record, one thing I really admire about you is that you have the backbone to use what I assume is your real name,and your profile pic is (hopefully) yourself. Speaks highly of you not to use the mask of anonymity online discussions provide.