How to do Awesome Visiting Teaching Without the Food

You need good ideas for visiting teaching. We have original visiting teaching ideas. My best visiting teachers often served me with cooking. New desserts and casseroles came almost monthly. But if I made my sisters eat my food, I'm not sure it would be a service. I've needed to come up with out-of-the-box ideas, so here they are for your benefit. Text Her We all spend so much time on our phones, so use it to your advantage! Set up a group conversation between you, your companion, and your sister. You can keep each other updated and stay in contact at the same time. Serve Her The question "can we do anything for you" is not very productive. Take the initiative instead! There are always opportunities to serve someone. Take out the trash, help with yard work, or babysit the children. Nothing brings people closer than Christ-like service. Spend Time With Her Visiting teaching doesn't have to be a once-a-month visit. Actually, it shouldn't be. Spend time with your sister and get to know her...

View the full article

11 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

What is a visiting teaching package? Food? Cards for mailouts?

It's a bunch of cutesy things that reflect the VT message - like a postcard with a pull-quote from the VT message, gift tags and gift bags in the same theme, chocolate bar in a matching sleeve, etc. all arranged in a matching cutesy basket/box/etc... They usually cost under $10 and I was tempted to buy some but then my husband says, that's like the As Seen On TV commercials, it's highly addictive so you'll be spending $50/month on those things.  :D

Visiting-Teaching-Pioneer-P-400x400.jpg