hello

orcnorhn

9 minutes ago, orcnorhn said:

hello everyone.ı'm from izmir in turkey.ı've been attending meetings since 3 mounths.There is no church in here.I found this site while researching on the internet and I think this site will be useful for me.

From Turkey . . . awesome. Welcome!  I hope it is useful!

Welcome, @orcnorhn!  How neat to have someone here from Turkey.  I visited your country long ago (1994, I think) - in the area around Kemer and Antalya.  It's one of the best places I ever visited.  Please eat some baklava and bread (any kind of bread) for me - there's nothing that good in the US. :)

16 minutes ago, zil said:

Welcome, @orcnorhn!  How neat to have someone here from Turkey.  I visited your country long ago (1994, I think) - in the area around Kemer and Antalya.  It's one of the best places I ever visited.  Please eat some baklava and bread (any kind of bread) for me - there's nothing that good in the US. :)

haha.Baklava is really perfect.ı can send :)I lived in Antalya for 2 years.Beach sea nature.You are lucky for you went here.but Izmir is much better than antalya  .maybe we haven't amazing beach and nature :) but Izmir is the most modern city in turkey.

Edited by orcnorhn

Welcome, @orcnorhn! Hoşgeldiniz!  I hope we can all be of help to you as you study, seek, and prepare to receive answers from the Lord.

BTW @zil coming from a middle eastern family, I can assure you there are many international food stores where authentic imported baklava can be purchased.  In my area it usually costs about $8/lb but sometimes less if you buy large quantities.  Hope you can get some yummy baklava soon! :)

3 dakika önce, kişi0 dedi ki:

Hoş geldiniz,  @ Ronnorhn ! Hoşgeldiniz! Umarım siz çalışmasını, araşıyorken ve Rab'bin hepimiz büyüklüğünü yardım ederiz.

BTW @zil  orta doğudaki bir aileden gelmek, sizi temin ederim ki otantik ithal baklava'nın satın alınabileceği çok sayıda uluslararası gıda mağazası var. Bölgemizde yaklaşık 8 $ / lb bedel var, ancak büyük miktlar alırsanız bazen daha az olur. Yakında nefis baklavaya umuyoruz alabilmenizi! :)

thank you:)I will need your help.

11 minutes ago, person0 said:

$8/lb but sometimes less if you buy large quantities

Um, I'm pretty sure a pound of baklava would put you into a sugar coma for the rest of your life. :)  I guess I'll have to look around.  In my experience, nothing here is ever as good as where it originates - I also miss lavash (Georgian (not the US state) bread) and Austrian pretzels (the big, soft kind - haven't had a pretzel since I left there because I know they won't be as good).

8 minutes ago, yjacket said:

whoa . . . I speak turkish now!!! Awesome I hope it compliments my Spanish!  

Oh wait . . .that is just google translate-darn.  It's still cool to see what I wrote translated into turkish.

haha sorry :) sometimes ı need help beceuse ı think I need english practice. 

3 minutes ago, orcnorhn said:

Did you eat Turkish delight before?

Yes a long time ago.  A friend of mine lived several years in Turkey.  Her father was an American diplomat assigned in Turkey.  Her mom made it once.  It was wonderful!!

1 minute ago, zil said:

Um, I'm pretty sure a pound of baklava would put you into a sugar coma for the rest of your life. :)  I guess I'll have to look around.  In my experience, nothing here is ever as good as where it originates - I also miss lavash (Georgian (not the US state) bread) and Austrian pretzels (the big, soft kind - haven't had a pretzel since I left there because I know they won't be as good).

There is an Arabic food store less than 1 mile from my house.  :cool:  The sell Shatila brand middle eastern sweets.  I grew up on this stuff, my family would order the shipments directly from Shatila.  They make their dishes according to the native recipes (they come in boxes, no machine wrapping), and it is popular and quality enough that they ship worldwide!  Even if there are no middle eastern food stores nearby, you could buy a whole tray and have a baklava party :D  I would invite myself to the party but unfortunately Utah is a long way away.

1 minute ago, person0 said:

There is an Arabic food store less than 1 mile from my house.  :cool:  The sell Shatila brand middle eastern sweets.  I grew up on this stuff, my family would order the shipments directly from Shatila.  They make their dishes according to the native recipes (they come in boxes, no machine wrapping), and it is popular and quality enough that they ship worldwide!  Even if there are no middle eastern food stores nearby, you could buy a whole tray and have a baklava party :D  I would invite myself to the party but unfortunately Utah is a long way away.

Shame on you for sending me to such a place! ;) Excuse my while I wipe the drool off my keyboard...  jhmn ,m bn szx'[;/.

6 minutes ago, pam said:

Yes a long time ago.  A friend of mine lived several years in Turkey.  Her father was an American diplomat assigned in Turkey.  Her mom made it once.  It was wonderful!!

really nice:)

we have really fantastic desserts.We have a dessert made from chicken

https://www.google.com.tr/search?q=tavuk+göğsü&rlz=1C1GTPM_enTR664TR664&espv=2&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiV3Pq947vTAhVSUlAKHS9hDW8Q_AUIBigB&biw=1024&bih=662

Edited by orcnorhn

3 minutes ago, pam said:

I love meeting and chatting with people from around the world.  It makes me realize even more than the world really is a small place.  And people are people the world over.  

yes me too.Different cultures,different lives,new information we live in the same world but we have very different experiences and lives.To learn and talk about them this is really exciting

1 hour ago, orcnorhn said:

yes me too.Different cultures,different lives,new information we live in the same world but we have very different experiences and lives.To learn and talk about them this is really exciting

I totally agree with you.