Dealing with Hunger Strikers: You're Doing It Right

Just_A_Guy

That's hilarious.  I can hear it now: "Woe is us. . . we just wanted to radically kill Jews and other non-believers, and then while imprisoned we just wanted to purposefully refuse food that would sustain our lives.  That would show you guys!  How could they do such a cruel thing, I mean, it almost convinced me to end my hunger strike.  There was chicken, and lamb, and vegetables, I can still practically taste the kabobs even now!"

It's not like they were fasting for purposes of repentance for their terrible deeds and desires.  Next they should have some Christians go cook some nice thick sliced bacon.  Surely the unclean food won't tempt them!  Right?  :D

Edited by person0

I'm all for the ethical treatment of prisoners, no matter who is imprisoning them or why they're imprisoned.

This event doesn't violate any of that, IMO.  In fact, learning to deal with the consequences of your actions is actually one of the few good things that prisons can do for their inmates. Learning that 'bbq feels like torture when you're on a hunger strike', and that your hunger strike is your crap, is a good lesson to learn.