A Parable of Salvation

A wealthy man recognized how blessed he'd been no matter what his conditions, for he always knew what to do and when to do it.  He wanted to share that blessing with others.  So, left his wealthy home and the care of his many business ventures to care for those who needed it.

He spent time with those who were chronically ill.  He spent much of his wealth and time on giving such aid.  He went among the homeless to see how he could lift them up out of poverty.  He even went so far as to offer them a small apartment to live in with a phone and internet connection so they could look for work and expand their knowledge of things.  He provided them a small stipend to live on.  He even offered to pay for an education if they so chose.

One refused the offer of help.  He actually relished the freedom of not having to live in society.  He was apart from it.  He preferred to live in a homeless state.  Never would he accept his offer of help.  To him, it was not help.  It was painful to think of having to follow rules.  A second man actually accepted the help at first.  But they eventually fell back into old ways of drugs and crime which caused them to eventually get evicted from the apartment.  He was forever like the first.  Couldn't follow any rules.

A third took his help and lived very peaceably in the tiny apartment.  They used the internet for playing games and watching Youtube videos.  They took the stipend and used a small amount for liquor.  Never enough to keep from having food.  But enough that they couldn't keep a job.  So, they mostly led a peaceful and satisfied life by having food, clothing, and shelter.  They didn't ever believe there was more, nor that they could ever achieve more.  A fourth was similar, but did keep a minimum wage job.  And he was content.  He never thought he could do more either.

A fifth man used the resources he had to get a job and an education.  He eventually grew to be a successful professional.  He got married and had children and raised them well.  And they were happy.  And a sixth man did likewise, even better than the first.  And because of his wealth he was able to donate to charities and to other good causes.  And the wealthy man looked at him and said he had done well.  And he was proud of him.

Finally, a seventh man did as the fifth and sixth.  But instead of being satisfied with a professional career, he parlayed his experience, connections, savings, and all his resources to building his own business.  He constantly sought advice from the benefactor.  He copied his thoughts, his actions, his learning.  He did all he could to be just like him.  He followed exactly in his footsteps as much as he could.  

He created a financial empire to make his benefactor proud.  He then gave of his wealth to the same efforts of his benefactor.  He looked for the homeless and brought them to his benefactor for the same program to help the homeless, the sick, and the poor. 

The benefactor went to this seventh man and embraced him.  "Well done," he said.  "You have become a a benefactor yourself."  And he began to weep.

The seventh man, believing he had done something wrong, went to him and said,"No, I couldn't have done any of this without you.  All I've done and will ever do I owe to you.  And you did it for no other reason than you cared for me.  I'll always follow in your footsteps.  I'll always do all you've done so I can be all you've been."

The benefactor then explained.

No, these are not tears of sorrow, but of joy.  I am not afraid you'll ever leave me.  I know you won't.  I want to invite you into my financial empire.

You have no idea how many I've helped or tried to help.  They may be too many for you to remember.  But I remember every one of them.  I have always found sorrow over those who have been too easily satisfied.  They have no idea what it is I truly offer them.  Many don't want it.  Others don't realize what it is I'm offering them.  Some believe I only offer money.  Others, only a life off the streets.  Others a life of leisure.

But you have seen the vision.  You've shown that faithfulness to help not only yourself, but others as well.  You not only give to charity.  You've created charities.  And to those who can work, you've created jobs.  You've opened up businesses that pay others.  While others have become very successful by being paid by businesses such as yours.

You realize all that I have could be yours.  And it will be.

Edited by Guest