The Predicament of Prayer

I remember preparing for my first sacrament talk. I was barely twelve years old and spent all Saturday evening writing and dissecting my talk for the next day like any true procrastinator. I did not use the New Era or ask my parents to help me write it — thank you very much. This talk was going to be my thoughts and my testimony in my own words. Luckily for me I have a very supportive mom who offered to read it over when it was completed. Not to add to or take away — but to check it just in case. In case of what you ask? Well. . . Part way through her reading she started giggling. Which was unexpected because I hadn’t written anything humorous. That giggle turned to all out muffled laughs with her trying her hardest to keep it in. With me looking quizzically on she grabbed her scriptures, went to the New Testament and tried to look at me in the eyes without laughing. She was really trying. When...

View the full article

So, what was the predicament?

And I'm still wondering what her anecdote at the beginning had to do with the topic.

Edited by Guest