No more Paris climate accords

NeuroTypical

14 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?  I figure it's a good thing, and here's why:

As a rule of thumb: if the left has a meltdown over something, it is probably something good.

I'm trying to find a coherent response from anyone, and haven't yet.  

Elon Musk Tweeted: "Am departing presidential councils. Climate change is real. Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world."
GE's CEO Tweeted: "Climate change is real,"

Trump's reason for exiting, wasn't that climate change isn't real.  His reason for exiting was that the accord wasn't fair to the US, and he promised to engage to get back into some sort of agreement that will be fair.

Lots of US businesses are taking the opportunity to reply with PR spin, like Apple CEO's  "I want to reassure you that today's developments will have no impact on Apple's efforts to protect the environment."  Morgan Stanley, PepsiCo, Walmart, Google, and others, jumping on the "It's good PR to denounce Trump and say we protect the environment" bandwagon. 

But I don't hear a single good reason why the Paris accord was a good thing, or why we shouldn't have left it. 

I am disappointed that we aren't going to spend trillions of dollars we don't have, to attempt, though likely not successfully since the government would be involved, to lower the Earth's temperature a fraction of a degree over 20 years. We are doomed!

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

Edited by wenglund

The Paris Climate Accord IS BAD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT.  No matter how you spin it, it doesn't help the environment at all.  Why?  Because it will move manufacturing out of the First World countries where environmental regulations are much more stringent to the 2nd and 3rd World countries where environmental regulations are barely existent to non-existent and whose governments are less stable and prone to cheating.  Think China.

And I haven't even touched on the stupidity of thinking there's a "baseline temperature" that the Earth keeps herself at.

Anyway, watching this video is a good way to spend the next 12 minutes of your day.  Enjoy.

This is a good thing.  Create a "crisis".  Demand money to solve said "crisis" and waste it on things pretending they are solving the "crisis".  When "crisis" doesn't happen, congratulate yourself on solving the "crisis".  It's all just a way to convince people to give up their resources voluntarily.  The "rich" pay for the "poor" and the leaders skim off the top, and the poor stay poor.

On average a human generates as much heat as a 100-watt lightbulb.  I believe someone that is angry generates even more.  I believe I read somewhere that the aggerate human population cause a global rise in temperature of over a degree Fahrenheit.  Perhaps we ought to determine how much global warming (climate change) occurs when billions of people get mad about something.  Maybe there is some truth that Trump, in rejecting the Paris Accord and making hundreds of millions of liberals mad as h-ll, has doomed the world and caused out of control global warming.

The Traveler