Having a crush on a missionary who's leaving in a few weeks

There's a missionary in our ward I met last month but he'll be returning to his home next month. I'm from an Asian country, by the way. He's an American. He is really handsome, not too tall (and not too short in the height standards in my country), he looks sporty, he plays the piano, and he sounds so good when he speaks my country's language. We are of the same age. I'm having a crush on this guy. I even saw few young women trying to find him on Facebook when they found out his surname. I did too and I found him. I'm thinking of adding him up by next month, when he's already back in America. Should I? He told me before I should contact him once I already finished reading the Book of Mormon, even when he's gone already. Or to contact him if I (miraculously) study in America. I'm sure he will barely remember me. I don't even know if he has a girl waiting for him. But in the short time I've gotten to know him, I began liking him. Not just because he's a tall, handsome, sporty-looking guy who knows how to play the piano and knows my language. I just really like him. The first time I saw him, I knew I was bound to like him. But I know he will not like me back. I want to tell him I like him but I don't know if I should (or how to tell him).

Help please. Advice needed. Thank you!

2 hours ago, Jane_Doe said:

Trying to date a missionary is like trying to date a nun: just not available.

Now, if you want to FaceBook him after his mission and see what happens then, you can do that *then*.  

There was no Facebook (or cell phones or even email) when I served my mission and I wish there was.  There are tons of people I wish I was still in touch with.  I've found a few, and only one of them is somebody I baptized.

Send him a friend request when he gets home.  Even if you don't have a romantic relationship together you can at least be friends.

He's going home and will probably be married before you even get a chance!  :eek:  Even if he likes you, think's you're cute, he may get home and fall for someone fast.  There was a sister missionary of whom I thought highly, when I was serving.  She was very spiritual, very attractive, and all around a great woman.  I got her email when I left the mission, but only ended up emailing her 2 or 3 times.  I got home and was engaged to my wife within only a few weeks!  You should wait till he's home from his mission, then contact him if you want, but don't hold your breath.  Good luck though, you never know what could happen!  :)

Edited by person0