How do I behave towards a gay colleague at work?

Sunday21

3 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

Dear Artista,

i don't agree. If your religion does not change your behaviour, then what good is your religion?

Simply calling yourself Mormon isn't going to change your behavior. It takes application on our part. 

I own a bottle of aspirin. The aspirin won't do me any good unless I swallow it.

Same with the church. There are plenty of people that attend church that aren't doing anything with it or applying the teaching. These people are the "Luke warm" that will not enter the Celestial Kingdom. They are not representing what the church is meant to be. They are wrong, not the church.

18 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

If you are considering Entering a church, you look for the fruits of a belief system. NonChristlike behaviour drives away converts. 

I agree with this completely! But you can't look at a member of a church who has not repented and say that this church is not true. 

There are plenty of amazing and repented members in every church as there are those that are "Luke warm" and care little of the gospel in every church. 

7 minutes ago, Fether said:

I agree with this completely! But you can't look at a member of a church who has not repented and say that this church is not true. 

There are plenty of amazing and repented members in every church as there are those that are "Luke warm" and care little of the gospel in every church. 

Sorry.  I was speaking as an outsider looking in.  When I looked at the church I didn't even know non-members went regularly.

8 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Sorry.  I was speaking as an outsider looking in.  When I looked at the church I didn't even know non-members went regularly.

I agree with what you said earlier about us being the witness! I think that was pretty profound actually! But it is the idea that if there are people who are sinful and unchanged in a particular church, then that church must not be true.

I think a better statement would have been "If your religion is true, then it should require you to change your behavior"

Edited by Fether

1 minute ago, Fether said:

I agree with what you said earlier about us being the witness! I think that was pretty profound actually! But it is the idea that if there are people who are sinful and unchanged in a particular church, then that church must not be true.

I think a better statement would have been "A church that does not require its members to change and repent is not true"

Agreed.  There is a difference between being in church and being IN the church.

• pam unfeatured this topic