Attitudes and behaviours of the lds

Sunday21

Just now, zil said:

I'm confused.  Never even been to Seattle.  Or Washington state.  (Alternately, if you're adding me to the list of people to think long and hard about before marrying them, no worries - there's no chance of me getting married again.)

I apologize. I was confused. I began with a short list of women to avoid marrying. I have no idea how you ended up at the top of the list! How are those quill pens getting on?

Guest MormonGator
11 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

Well actually....my family are atheists so I buy them alcohol and I would happily let someone smoke on the porch. I would let them watch something R rated. I am not sure my brother would watch any other kind!... I was just thinking of attitudes in general. Probably because I study attitudes and so I am interested in how they change. But yes, I see your point. Still my attitudes have changed since becoming lds. I get that people do not want their home contaminated. So big change for me!

Most of my friends are as well. I buy them alcohol and cigars and they smoke outside. I'll sit there with a soda and just enjoy the conversation we have. Friendship is more important to me than their habits. You (generic) have every right to ban whatever you want to in your home and I ever right to think it's sort of self righteous and preachy. 

Edited by MormonGator

Just now, Sunday21 said:

I apologize. I was confused. I began with a short list of women to avoid marrying. I have no idea how you ended up at the top of the list! How are those quill pens getting on?

You'd have to ask my nephew - he just got one.  I've never owned a quill pen.

2 hours ago, anatess2 said:

I'd want them to think very long and hard before marrying a Syrian.  Or women from Seattle... ;)

AND, in opposite order. Syrians are more similar to LDS than Seattlites are. :clap: BTW, my daughters were born in Miami, Tacoma, and Federal Way...technicalities, yes, but we sometimes must grasp at straws and hope for the best, yes?

Edited by prisonchaplain

28 minutes ago, Vort said:

The Seattle contingent consists of myself, @prisonchaplain, @LiterateParakeet, and @MorningStar (who hasn't been seen around these parts -- meaning this forum -- in a while now). Maybe others, but those are the ones I know of. I don't think @zil is from the Pacific NorthWet.

@zil is in the gator compound in Florida.  If she's not, she's in big trouble.

15 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

AND, in opposite order. Syrians are more similar to LDS than Seattlites are. :clap: BTW, my daughters were born in Miami, Tacoma, and Federal Way...technicalities, yes, but we sometimes must grasp at straws and hope for the best, yes?

Well... Federal Way and Tacoma are too close to Seattle.  The one from Miami has some hope yet.  ;)

18 minutes ago, zil said:

Huh. Where is LP? I don't recall seeing her lately.

10 minutes ago, DoctorLemon said:

No kidding!  I was thinking the same thing last night.

A lot of the regulars haven't been around in a while.  Eowyn doesn't even show up on the list anymore.  @NeedleinAhasn't posted in a while.

Guest LiterateParakeet

Hey guys...word made it to me on Facebook that you were thinking of me...AWWWW!  Thanks, I love it.  

I'm fine.  I've just been swamped with school...remember I'm doing online BYUI.  Finishing college, and hopefully a Master's Degree is a long awaited dream for me.  Sometimes it is tricky to balance family,school, work and life....once I think I have the hang of it, I end up taking three really time consuming classes like I did this semester...oops.  60+ pages of reading + 4 conference talks weekly, and lots of writing!   That's where I have been.  Hoping for a lighter load next semester....if that works up, I'll be back! :)   Til then...miss you!!!  

Guest LiterateParakeet
1 hour ago, Sunday21 said:

I see. So we are abusing @LiterateParakeet. I just wanted to make sure who I was ridiculing. 

LOL, I'll own that.  Seattle does tend to be more Liberal, and that is one of the reasons I love it!  

In my Intro to Social Work class this semester the text talked a lot (every chapter) about the different views Liberals, Conservatives and Radicals have towards issues we face and what to do about them.  I learned that I am hard-core Liberal.  But I hasten to add, I'm not Democrat.  I'm Independent (which means I don't agree with everything on the Democrat platform, and certainly not Republican either. )  

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, LiterateParakeet said:

Hey guys...word made it to me on Facebook that you were thinking of me...

I think it's great that some of us have connected on Facebook so we can check in on one another outside of the forum. 

Guest LiterateParakeet
3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I think it's great that some of us have connected on Facebook so we can check in on one another outside of the forum. 

Yes, I'm glad too!  And thanks for the PM, Gator. :)  

Guest LiterateParakeet
Just now, zil said:

Glad to see you @LiterateParakeet & glad you're doing well!  Good luck with your classes. :)

Thanks!  You'll love this....I take all my notes with my Lamy Al-Star, in various colors of inks....my current fav is Pilot Iroshozuku Ku Jaku!  

Just now, LiterateParakeet said:

Thanks!  You'll love this....I take all my notes with my Lamy Al-Star, in various colors of inks....my current fav is Pilot Iroshozuku Ku Jaku!  

Beautiful!  Lots of people will use one color for the notes and another for highlights, emphasis, or titles. ;)  A nice orange would probably go well with Ku Jaku.

12 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I had to block you due to your constant swearing and drama. Sorry dude. 

7 hours ago, anatess2 said:

But we are not God.

Christ broke bread with a corrupt politician.  Does that mean that Christ looked upon the corrupt politician's sin with a degree of allowance?  Or isn't it that He went against the practice of not associating with sinners to bring such sinner closer to Him?  There is a huge difference between dining with a corrupt politician and being a corrupt politician.

Christ loves the sinner, not the sin.  At the same time He cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance.  His actions of dining with the publicans did not negate this, but showed His unconditional love. This is very black and white.

• pam featured this topic
  • pam unfeatured this topic