Advice / Comfort needed

turtle12

I'm not advocating the following course of action but you might feel differently. I think it would be quite accurate to tell your parents that part of the reason you are not going to the temple at this time is that your husband still has things he needs to work out with your bishop and that he had pre-marital sex. And that would be an honest statement. No need to tell your parents that it was with you and no need to tell your parents that you having had pre-marital sex is the other part of the reason. 

Congratulations for having the courage to be so open about this on this forum. It sounds to me as if you are already part way down the path of healing and recovery, but you do have further to go. Simply by making this post, you've started the process, and the start is always the hardest part. You don't have to start now because you've already started, you just have to keep moving.

@turtle12 Bishops are quite relaxed with new members so I really don't think you have to worry. I was semi living with someone when I returned to church. I only addressed the issue when I was offered a calling. The bishop was very calm and gentle with me. He did not express a word of criticism. Honestly excommunication not as common as people seem to think.