Gospel Joy: The Long Game

person0

“When souls are reborn, when lives are changed—then comes the great miracle to beautify and warm and lift. When spiritual death has threatened and now instead there is resuscitation, when life pushes out death—when this happens it is the miracle of miracles” (Spencer W. Kimball, The Miracle of Forgiveness, 362)

I just learned that someone I baptized on my mission has been sealed in the temple!  This is always amazing and wonderful news.  What makes it even more special, in this case, is that this brother's first wife died a few years ago, leaving him a single father, and he had gone relatively inactive (mostly due to work needs).  Then out of the blue he tells me he recently got married in the temple!  I waited for him to send a picture, which very clearly has the temple in the background, before I even fully believed it, because I somehow had it in my mind that it was unlikely.  I am filled with joy at the knowledge that this brother has progressed to such an extent!  He is the only person I baptized who I have been made aware has received the blessings of the temple.  I am so grateful to the Lord for blessing this man and his family.  I hope each of us can have these wonderful experiences throughout our mortal journey to see the true miracle of change working in our families, friends, and others lives.  This is the long game.  I hope that we will all be blessed at the final day to be overjoyed at the number of our brethren that will join us in the celestial kingdom!