Great news! My wife got in a car accident!

Fether

So my wife and I are newly weds, both off our missions for only a year and pretty poor (though I feel we are doing better than most college students).

A week or so ago I took our little fiat into the shop to get the oil changed and get new tires. They then pointed out 3 different parts of the car that needed fixing. All pretty obvious (like my back left wheel wiggling and slowly coming apart). The price to fix these essential parts were going to range from $600-$1000. My wife and I were pretty stressed out. We would not be going into debt, but the price would drain our savings as well as a bit of our money we are going to use on our honeymoon in August. But because of promises made in my patriarchal blessing, I decided to be patient, gained hope and chose not to be devastated.

But then the miracle happened!

The very next day my wife took our other car (The shop told us not to drive long distance and the wiggly tire was enough to convince me they were right) to see some friends and family. On her way home she was rear ended On the freeway! She was totally fine, only minor cosmetic damage on the car, and now the insurance claim is enough to pay for her car repairs!

God watches over all of us guys! 

I had an accident happen to a car that was parked on the side of the road.  It was hit twice with no one in it.  The car had around 130,000 miles on it.  We ended up with about $3,600 after my wife fought with the insurance companies which is more that what we would have gotten had we tried to sell it. 

I am glad to hear your wife was not hurt in the accident. 

Edited by Still_Small_Voice

I worked with a guy who took his family out to buy a new car. They made their choice, completed the purchase, and started driving the car home. Got t-boned, totaling the car (no injuries, miraculously), and through some way of things got the car completely replaced.

On 7/28/2017 at 11:12 AM, Fether said:

But then the miracle happened! . . . On her way home she was rear ended On the freeway!

I tend to get a bit technical with these things, but in my mind, God would probably not directly bring about such an event simply for your benefit, as the at fault driver is now receiving a level of suffering tantamount to your advantage (higher premiums, deductible, etc).  More likely, if miraculous rather than coincidental, Heavenly Father could have inspired your wife to be in the 'right place at the right time' to be the person benefited by the unaware driver's insurance payment, rather than some other person driving.  This is assuming that person's lack of awareness might have resulted in an accident regardless of who was in front of their vehicle, which is certainly plausible.

Either way, to your experience, this is a miraculous blessing, and evidence of God's hand in your life.  Good for you both!  :)

Edited by person0

59 minutes ago, person0 said:

I tend to get a bit technical with these things, but in my mind, God would probably not directly bring about such an event simply for your benefit, as the at fault driver is now receiving a level of suffering tantamount to your advantage (higher premiums, deductible, etc).  More likely, if miraculous rather than coincidental, Heavenly Father could have inspired your wife to be in the 'right place at the right time' to be the person benefited by the unaware driver's insurance payment, rather than some other person driving.  This is assuming that person's lack of awareness might have resulted in an accident regardless of who was in front of their vehicle, which is certainly plausible.

Either way, to your experience, this is a miraculous blessing, and evidence of God's hand in your life.  Good for you both!  :)

Or maybe the driver had a habit of texting and driving (which I think is what he was doing cause he said he "looked up and it was too late") and God needed to teach him to stop in a non-fatal way.

A similar thing happened to my last car. I was on my way to a job interview when I rear ended someone at a stop light. One of those silly ones where the light to go straight turns green before the left turn light, and I was turning left. Since it was a trailer on a pickup truck versus the hood of my Pontiac Sunfire, I lost. After being assured there was no bodily harm, the guy drove off without taking my insurance info. I know they say never to admit blame, but my integrity said otherwise.

I immediately called and rescheduled my interview and pulled off into a parking lot to wait for a tow. (Busted radiator.) The guy behind me happened to be a minister for a local mega church and kept me company while waiting for the police and tow truck to arrive. Really a very nice guy, and if I hadn't already had a place of worship, I probably would have become involved in with his church. 

After it was all said and done, my car was considered totaled and I managed to get a check for $2700 but told the repair place not to bother repainting the hood and a couple of other cosmetic repairs, saving a hefty chunk of the check. Obviously, I thought it was an immediate blessing, even though I ended up not getting the job. The job I ended up getting was more compatible with my temple worker schedule and also easier for me to leave when the opportunity to move was before me. I literally would not be on the couch I'm on and in the apartment I'm in had that scene been omitted from the story of my life.