Sealed a family of 9!

Sunday21

Wow! That's so cool!

A couple of years ago my grandma decided to have her kids sealed to her and my dead grandpa. Considering we had to bring in people to represent Dead Grandpa and Dead Aunt (does this sound as disrespectful as it looks?) it was crowded, but only 7 people.

I'm so happy for you.

18 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Sealed is a marriage, isn't it?

A husband and wife sealed together is marriage, in the eternal sense (everlasting).  When children are sealed to their parents it is an eternal bonding of the family unit, maintaining the parent/child relationship/connection in the same context, everlasting through time as well as eternity.  Here is a nice article for you about it (and by article I mean 1 sentence and a bunch of linked content :D).

Edited by person0

3 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

Sealed a family of 9! Did 7 at once! Very crowded! My ancestors. Most exciting!

About 6 months ago, I found 2 families of about 6 each. They are now all baptized, most are endowed :) 

family history is so great!!

I remember one night I felt inspired to go and attend a sealing session. Someone had brought in a family of (large number, forget how many) to be sealed, and my being there put just enough sisters in the room to stand in for the daughters. It was my first time participating in a family sealing, too. I had done individuals to parents before, but never even witnessed a family. Quite the experience!

I miss having a temple so close that I could go on a whim like that. *sigh* But the branch I'm in needs me, so here I'll be singing, "I'll stay where you want me to stay, dear Lord." It's definitely given me a greater respect for all of those early Saints who experienced the temple in Nauvoo but didn't get a chance to do any temple work in Utah.

@seashmore. Good for you for serving where you stand! It is really tempting to move to greener pastures. I don't know your circumstances but...is moving a possibility? For a young unmarried woman sometimes moving is a not a terrible idea.

i was once inspired to go to the temple in the same circumstances as you describe!

3 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

@seashmore. Good for you for serving where you stand! It is really tempting to move to greener pastures. I don't know your circumstances but...is moving a possibility? For a young unmarried woman sometimes moving is a not a terrible idea.

i was once inspired to go to the temple in the same circumstances as you describe!

If it were up to me, I would probably move. But I've left that up to the Lord. I know without a doubt that He has work for me to do here, and once I know He has work for me somewhere else, I'll go there. He knows what I need most is a sense of purpose. Going to the temple gave me that while I was close, and right now being the YW Pres, a safe haven for my sister, and the attitude setter/adjuster at work are my primary purposes.

48 minutes ago, seashmore said:

If it were up to me, I would probably move. But I've left that up to the Lord. I know without a doubt that He has work for me to do here, and once I know He has work for me somewhere else, I'll go there. He knows what I need most is a sense of purpose. Going to the temple gave me that while I was close, and right now being the YW Pres, a safe haven for my sister, and the attitude setter/adjuster at work are my primary purposes.

Yes. I see what you mean! Good for you! Proud of you for following God's direction.