Top ten wards where MormonGator should go be bishop up in at

NeuroTypical

(Yes, that title ends in three prepositions.  You don't end a sentence with a preposition, but a thread title isn't a sentence.  Checkmate, grammah notzeez!)

Anyway, I'm just starting this list.  Y'all are gonna have to finish it.

Top ten wards/areas for MormonGator to be Bishop

1. Any ward in smoky high Colorado, where marijuana is legal!  
(Just kidding - it's against the wow here in CO too, and still a horrible idea.) 
2. Provo, UT.
3. The Hell's Bay ward of the Florida Everglades Stake. (zil)
4. Small town Canada! He would really fit in! In one of our northern territories, we had to change the election law due to the high rate of criminal convictions. Now having a criminal conviction is not a barrier to running for office! (Sunday21)
5. I think they ought to call him as the bishop of his current ward. (Carb)
6. Not West Jordan UT for sure!! (Mirkwood)

Edited by NeuroTypical

8 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

(Just kidding - it's against the wow here in CO too, and still a horrible idea.) 

2. Provo, UT.

Really?  Those are the only options?:rolleyes:

I think they ought to call him as the bishop of his current ward.  I'm sure @MormonGator would do a better job than his current bishop. :D

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Sunday21 said:

Small town Canada! He would really fit in! In one of our northern territories, we had to change the election law due to the high rate of criminal convictions. Now having a criminal conviction is not a barrier to running for office!

Hey!  He's an alligator, not a criminal.  Sheesh.  Just because they put both of them in cages sometimes doesn't make them synonymous...

14 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Tell that to the American jurisprudence system. 

Well, if you were bishop of the Hell's Bay ward, you and your fellow gator-members could just chomp on the American jurisprudence system if it happened to drop by...  (I mean, I'm sure your ward members would want to protect their bishop - or at least chomp on something...)

I vote Reykjavik, Iceland.  There are only 277 members in the whole country, so even if he messes it all up in at there, damage control should be minimal.  :D

26189.jpg?1452626921

His controversial first action as bishop. . . repainting the building . . . orange!  :eek:

6 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

(Yes, that title ends in three prepositions.  You don't end a sentence with a preposition, but a thread title isn't a sentence.  Checkmate, grammah notzeez!)

What did you bring that book that I don't want to be read to from out of about "Down Under" up for?

2 hours ago, person0 said:

I vote Reykjavik, Iceland.  There are only 277 members in the whole country, so even if he messes it all up in at there, damage control should be minimal.  :D

26189.jpg?1452626921

His controversial first action as bishop. . . repainting the building . . . orange!  :eek:

A certain painter, often would thin his paint so it would go further. So when the Church decided to do some deferred maintenance, he was able to put in the low bid, and got the job. As always, he thinned his paint way down with turpentine.

One day while he was up on the scaffolding -- the job almost finished -- he heard a horrendous clap of thunder, and the sky opened.

The downpour washed the thinned paint off the church and knocked him off his scaffold and onto the lawn among the gravestones and puddles of thinned and worthless paint.

The painter knew this was a warning from the Almighty, so he got on his knees and cried: “Oh, God! Forgive me! What should I do?”

And from the thunder, a mighty voice: “REPAINT! REPAINT! AND THIN NO MORE!

19 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Oh, I finally got to see what you meant by that.

Actually, I've never seen an official grammar book state that it is improper to end a sentence with a preposition.  My favorite English teacher disavowed me of that notion as well as the prohibition against starting a sentence with a conjunction.

This idea was started by E.B. White and his partner "Strunk" (I don't know his given name, I guess I don't know Mr. White's name either) when they wrote "Elements of Style".  In it they point out why it is a bad idea stylistically to do either of these.  And they make a good argument.  But at no time do they say it is improper grammar.

A: So, where are you from?

B: I, sir, come from a place where we do not end our sentences with prepositions.

A: So, where are you from, jerk?

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Anyway, I'm just starting this list.  Y'all are gonna have to finish it.

2. Provo, UT.
3. The Hell's Bay ward of the Florida Everglades Stake. (zil)
4. Small town Canada! He would really fit in! In one of our northern territories, we had to change the election law due to the high rate of criminal convictions. Now having a criminal conviction is not a barrier to running for office! (Sunday21)
5. I think they ought to call him as the bishop of his current ward. (Carb)
6. Not West Jordan UT for sure!! (Mirkwood)

7. My branch. Our last two YM Presidents were called within a week of receiving their records, so we'll take just about anyone. @MormonGator included. 

3 minutes ago, Grunt said:

The church keeps a "personnel file"?  What type of things are in it?

It's basically your membership records.  Showing you to be a member of the church.  Once you are baptized a membership record is created for you.  

4 minutes ago, pam said:

It's basically your membership records.  Showing you to be a member of the church.  Once you are baptized a membership record is created for you.  

Thanks!  My imagination led me to "on March 3rd, Grunt was caught sipping gin behind the air conditioner after sacrament".  Your answer makes more sense.