Two truths and a lie game

Suzie

Guest MormonGator
6 minutes ago, DoctorLemon said:

It is OK, I bet I make more money today than my high school tormentors. :D

The best revenge is living well. And my goodness is it good. 

8 minutes ago, DoctorLemon said:

All lawyers are doctors, hence the Doctor of Jurisprudence degree.  

Doesn't that depend on the state?  Some states allow you to take the bar without a J.D.  Then you have the title "Esquire".  Is that not correct?

Ok.  You have a J.D.  So, yes.  But is that always the case?

Only a lawyer would trick someone into that semantic distinction.

Only an engineer would raise such an objection.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Carborendum said:

Doesn't that depend on the state?  Some states allow you to take the bar without a J.D.  Then you have the title "Esquire".  Is that not correct?

Ok.  You have a J.D.  So, yes.  But is that always the case?

OK OK, I was playing "truth, half-truth, lie".

Kind of like anti-Mormon literature.

Ok, which is the lie.

1. I once made a post on Facebook that was liked by an atheist, an anarchist, a Catholic, several Mormons, a homosexual, and a man married to a transgender person.

2. I once got a Young Earth Creationist to reconsider his opinion, in a discussion held in the SLC temple cafeteria.

3. I once got several regulars at the evangelical Reachout Trust Counter-cult discussion forum to admit to the possibility that I was a saved Christian.

1 minute ago, NeuroTypical said:

Ok, which is the lie.

1. I once made a post on Facebook that was liked by an atheist, an anarchist, a Catholic, several Mormons, a homosexual, and a man married to a transgender person.

2. I once got a Young Earth Creationist to reconsider his opinion, in a discussion held in the SLC temple cafeteria.

3. I once got several regulars at the evangelical Reachout Trust Counter-cult discussion forum to admit to the possibility that I was a saved Christian.

I think I recall you saying something about 3.  So I am going to guess 2 is the lie.

Edited by DoctorLemon

1 minute ago, NeuroTypical said:

Ok, which is the lie.

If I were in the mood to joke about this, I'd say #3.  But literally, I believe that a Young Earth Creationist is less likely to bend than the Evangelical.

So, #2.

54 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Hmmm...  I guess #1 is the lie.

Incorrect

48 minutes ago, person0 said:

This one.

Correct.  As much as I appreciate all things that go boom, I've never owned or even shot a potato gun.

I also have to admit that the only hand grenades that I've thrown have been props in a military obstacle course.

Edited by Guest

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, Carborendum said:

This has to go down as one of the funniest jokes ever.  I just told several other guys in my office.  Everyone agrees.

When I saw the guy who used to call me "gay" all the time working in the same type of job at a mall a few years ago, it was one of the best feelings in the world. I can't help it, I still smile when I think about it. He saw me and he looked like he had been punched in the stomach. Several times. I blew him a kiss and walked off. 

I had unexpected feels when I heard that one of my main tormentors, from 3rd grade through high school, eventually took his own life.   A family member talked about how he was finally free from his tortures and pains.

I don't know where the rest of 'em are or what they're doing.  I hope they grew the crap up.

Guest MormonGator
9 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

I don't know where the rest of 'em are or what they're doing. 

Aside from seeing that one guy in the mall, I haven't really seen anyone from that era in almost two decades aside from one person once on Facebook back in 2007. We "friended" each other and it lasted a grand total of two weeks. 

The interesting thing I've noticed is that people who have rough high schools usually have great college experiences. I made my first real friends in college. @DoctorLemon have you noticed that? 

Edited by MormonGator

3 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

The interesting thing I've noticed is that people who have rough high schools usually have great college experiences. I made my first real friends in college.

Oh, absolutely.  Middle school and High school were dark blurs for me.  "I hope they grow the crap up" was a mantra for me back then.  

Then there was college, all those idiots were gone, and had been replaced by people actually interested in things besides the law of the jungle (either winning at it, or surviving it). I became part of groups of friends, was the only guy on a trip to Europe with 14 girls, met my wife.  Yep - absolutely.

15 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

Aside from seeing that one guy in the mall, I haven't really seen anyone from that era in almost two decades aside from one person once on Facebook back in 2007. We "friended" each other and it lasted a grand total of two weeks. 

The interesting thing I've noticed is that people who have rough high schools usually have great college experiences. I made my first real friends in college. @DoctorLemon have you noticed that? 

That is about right.

Most of my adult friends tend to be other Mormons, because I don't have to explain stuff like why I don't drink, you know?  I moved to a place where there are more Mormons (Houston), so it is a lot easier.

I also find it much easier as an adult to keep and retain friends, because being "cool" appears to matter much less to adults, when you are "cool-challenged" like I apparently am!  

It is also probably true that I no longer really care how popular I am, so I don't fall into the trap of trying too hard.

Edited by DoctorLemon

Guest MormonGator
2 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Oh, absolutely.  Middle school and High school were dark blurs for me.  "I hope they grow the crap up" was a mantra for me back then.  

Then there was college, all those idiots were gone, and had been replaced by people actually interested in things besides the law of the jungle (either winning at it, or surviving it). I became part of groups of friends, was the only guy on a trip to Europe with 14 girls, met my wife.  Yep - absolutely.

That's beautiful my friend. Seriously awesome. 

1 minute ago, DoctorLemon said:

I also find it much easier as an adult to keep and retain friends,

Amen to that.  

17 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

I will tell you something else I gained from going through the experience of being unpopular.

I learned that taking care of others' feelings matters.  A lot.

I remember how it felt to feel very socially undesirable, to feel like the class nerd.  It was not easy!

I think I gained empathy for others in going through that experience.  I think learning empathy is one of the key attributes we are supposed to develop while we are here on this Earth!

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, DoctorLemon said:

I will tell you something else I gained from going through the experience of being unpopular.

I learned that taking care of others' feelings matters.  A lot.

I remember how it felt to feel very socially undesirable, to feel like the class nerd.  It was not easy!

I think I gained empathy for others in going through that experience.  I think learning empathy is one of the key attributes we are supposed to develop while we are here on this Earth!

Perfectly said. Agree 100%. No one is perfect and all of us have had our moments of being inconsiderate, but being bullied has the odd benefit or giving you empathy.   

49 minutes ago, Carborendum said:

If I were in the mood to joke about this, I'd say #3.  But literally, I believe that a Young Earth Creationist is less likely to bend than the Evangelical.

So, #2.

Carb wins, by the way.  Yep, in the evolution vs. creation debate, none of the players ever budge a dang inch in their entrenched beliefs.  You're more likely to have an anti-mormon think a mormon might be saved. :) 

4 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Carb wins, by the way.  Yep, in the evolution vs. creation debate, none of the players ever budge a dang inch in their entrenched beliefs.  You're more likely to have an anti-mormon think a mormon might be saved. :) 

But Doc Lemon got there about two seconds before I did.

1 hour ago, anatess2 said:

And the lie on this one is that you had high school tormentors.  You were palling with that Dixie Chick gal and was the wind beneath her wings.  Right?

I actually did a story about her for my school newspaper in high school, when the Dixie Chicks were first getting lots of attention.  She is about eight years older than me, so I have never met her personally.  But I did interview her grandmother.  Very nice people!

I think Anatess has figured out where I used to live!

Edited by DoctorLemon