Two truths and a lie game

Suzie

34 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Carb wins, by the way.  Yep, in the evolution vs. creation debate, none of the players ever budge a dang inch in their entrenched beliefs.  You're more likely to have an anti-mormon think a mormon might be saved. :) 

Can I just say "wow?" I agree, but still, wow. After all, many non-LDS Evangelicals would answer the challenge, "So, you're saying I (LDS person) I'm not saved?" with, "Hey, that decision is above my pay grade!" YEC folks--I met one 'expert' who did seminars--tie the veracity of Christianity to their interpretation of Gen. 1, and insist that any variance is The Great Apostosy (which we are not supposed to believe in).  Hey...no wonder they might budge on LDS salvation.  :pope:

5 minutes ago, eddified said:

My 9 year old son is starting to figure this out. He recently observed, "cool people aren't cool".

My 16 year old wore a Trump t-shirt to his very liberal school today.  Yep.  He's in this... I'm cool because I say I am... phase.

P.S.  He wore it because last Monday, his Language Arts teacher asked the class what's the last book they read.  And my son said The Book of Mormon.  And the teacher said, oh, that's not a good book.  And by Wednesday, the teacher transferred him to another class.  So, he wore his Trump t-shirt so his teachers who think he's not cool can go ahead and transfer him before the school year gets in full swing.

Edited by anatess2

I'm sure I've told this before, but in honor of @Suzie's thread, here we go again:

1. I built a model rocket using sugar as a fuel that flew to an altitude of over 100,000 feet (20 miles).
  2. When I was at BYU, I was literally visited by aliens.
  3. When I was 15, I conversed with a prophet of God and president of the Church on a jet airplane somewhere over Nebraska. (That was the same trip where my tennis shoes were literally eaten from off my feet by an airport escalator.)

1 minute ago, Vort said:

I'm sure I've told this before, but in honor of @Suzie's thread, here we go again:

1. I built a model rocket using sugar as a fuel that flew to an altitude of over 100,000 feet (20 miles).
  3. When I was 15, I conversed with a prophet of God and president of the Church on a jet airplane somewhere over Nebraska. (That was the same trip where my tennis shoes were literally eaten from off my feet by an airport escalator.)

#1 is the lie.

How about three truths and three lies?

1. One of my oldest sons replaced his hallway portrait with that of Joseph Smith.
  2. One of my oldest sons replaced his hallway portrait with that of Kim Jong-un.
  3. One of my oldest sons replaced his hallway portrait with that of Thomas Monson.
  4. One of my oldest sons replaced his hallway portrait with that of Vladimir Putin.
  5. One of my oldest sons replaced his hallway portrait with that of his father.
  6. One of my oldest sons replaced his hallway portrait with that of Donald Trump.

3 minutes ago, Vort said:

It HAS to be 2.  

OK my turn.

1. My cousin is married to my wife's sister. His kids and my kids are therefore both (a) cousins through their moms and (b) second cousins through their dads.
  2. I collect yo-yos. I own over 400 of them and have a website cataloging them.
  3. I drive a 15 passenger van because of my many children.

1. One of my oldest sons replaced his hallway portrait with that of Joseph Smith.
  2. One of my oldest sons replaced his hallway portrait with that of Kim Jong-un.
  3. One of my oldest sons replaced his hallway portrait with that of Thomas Monson.
  4. One of my oldest sons replaced his hallway portrait with that of Vladimir Putin.
  6. One of my oldest sons replaced his hallway portrait with that of Donald Trump.

How many oldest sons do you have?

Kim has to be the truth.  Because, that's just funny.  and Putin.  and Trump.  That's just something these Gen Z guys would do.  :D

Edited by anatess2

2 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Kim has to be the truth.  Because, that's just funny.  and Putin.  and Trump.  That's just something these Gen Z guys would do.

I'm guessing the opposite. I'm guessing the Kim Jong-un, Putin and Trump pics are the lies.

Edited by eddified

#1, #3, and #5 are lies.

3 minutes ago, eddified said:

OK my turn.

1. My cousin is married to my wife's sister. His kids and my kids are therefore both (a) cousins through their moms and (b) second cousins through their dads.

#3.  You drive a school bus because of your many children.

10 minutes ago, Snigmorder said:

#1 is the lie.

7 minutes ago, DoctorLemon said:

It HAS to be 2.  

Sorry, Doc. Snig is correct. I have always wanted to get involved in model rocketry, but I have never (yet) done so.

5 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

Kim has to be the truth.  Because, that's just funny.  and Putin.  and Trump.  That's just something these Gen Z guys would do.  :D

4 minutes ago, eddified said:

I'm guessing the opposite. I'm guessing the Kim Jon-un, Putin and Trump pics are the lies.

4 minutes ago, Snigmorder said:

#1, #3, and #5 are lies.

Sorry, ed. anatess and (again) Snig are right. My smart-alek boys decided to be funny. One of our missionaries here is Korean, and it was...interesting...to watch his reaction as he beheld on our wall a framed portrait of Kim Jong-un. (Not sure why they put Trump up there. It's not like there's a shortage of despots they could have used instead.)

For the record, it was my two oldest, and one of them replaced both his high school portrait and his baby portrait.

9 minutes ago, eddified said:

OK my turn.

Since you've revealed that you are in reality a bus driver, I'll go with #2. #1 is just so good I'm hoping it's true.

1 minute ago, Vort said:

Sorry, Doc. Snig is correct. I have always wanted to get involved in model rocketry, but I have never (yet) done so.

Sorry, ed. anatess and (again) Snig are right. My smart-alek boys decided to be funny. One of our missionaries here is Korean, and it was...interesting...to watch his reaction as he beheld on our wall a framed portrait of Kim Jong-un. (Not sure why they put Trump up there. It's not like there's a shortage of despots they could have used instead.)

For the record, it was my two oldest, and one of them replaced both his high school portrait and his baby portrait.

OK let's hear the alien story. Are you talking about this definition of alien ? "belonging to a foreign country or nation" or the "extraterrestrial" variety?

Just now, eddified said:

OK let's hear the alien story. Are you talking about this definition of alien ? "belonging to a foreign country or nation" or the "extraterrestrial" variety?

The former. Friends from Mexico visited on their way to Salt Lake City.

5 minutes ago, Vort said:

Since you've revealed that you are in reality a bus driver, I'll go with #2. #1 is just so good I'm hoping it's true.

:winner:

Yes. My wife and I hooked my cousin and my wife's sister up on a blind date and they were married within 2-3 months. As a consequence, I see my cousin at all of my wife's family functions, and at most of my family functions (my mother's side of the family, he's a cousin through my mother).

The yo-yo thing is true, but it's not about me. It's my co-worker that does that. http://www.theyoyomuseum.com/

Edited by eddified