Two Truths a Lie & a compliment - Unrestricted

prisonchaplain

There's another one of these strings going, but it's restricted in that only the correct guesser may pose the next question. Instead, anyone can post a 2 Truths 1 Lie challenge. When someone wins it, the original poster of the challenge must issue them a complement. This could keep the post moving along faster.  

For Prisonchaplain

1. Recently made a post on social media about an arcane psychological ethical standard and got over 4,000 views

2. Spent a night in prison, in his 20s, due to an immigration issue, while working in Korea.

3. Was 6" 2 1/2" and weighed 123 lbs -- at age 12

It's now over 4,900. The post related to the APA's Goldwater Rule, saying that psychologists should not be proffering professional diagnostic-sounding opinions about political/public figures they have never met. Many younger professionals consider this a 'gag rule' and very much want to let us all know what they think about Trump's psychological state. I re-affirmed the Goldwater Rule, and suggested that clergy observe something similar.

This time I will wait until someone picks the last choice. @Vort may be right, and others can weigh in to support the guess...but I'll declare the winner, after the third choice is picked. In the mean time, remember, others can post their 3--this is unrestricted.

1. I went to grad school in physics, but that was too darn hard, so I switched to bioengineering.
  2. I went to medical school (Hershey -- go Penn State!), but had to drop out because of funding and performance issues.
  3. I took 48 credits in two quarters to get a computer science degree in six months.

2 hours ago, Vort said:

You were not 6' 2½" at 12.

Okay, I'm going to declare myself the winner, since both truths were labeled lies. I was 6' 2 1/2" and 123 pounds at age 12. I never spent time in a Korean jail over an immigration issue.

So, here's three more.

1. I am pro-immigration, and even have some sympathy for the millions (I believe) of undocumented Mexicans living/working within our borders.

2. I have done ALL of the following: spoken in tongues, interpreted tongues, spoken out with the gift of prophecy -- in church services.

3.  I'm proud of my full head of hair, but started dying it three years ago, because the whole salt and pepper look doesn't work for me.

3 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

I'm guessing #2 is a lie. Not sure about the whole performance issues thing, but I just don't see you as a Penn State guy.

Bingo. I planned on medical school from the age of five, but as a junior in microbiology I decided I was simply too poor of a student to make it in med school. It was with great regret that I changed my career path.

Btw, I did indeed go to grad school at Penn State, and even took a summer internship (for bioengineering) at the Hershey Medical Center. Fun times.

38 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

Okay, I'm going to declare myself the winner, since both truths were labeled lies. I was 6' 2 1/2" and 123 pounds at age 12. I never spent time in a Korean jail over an immigration issue.

So, here's three more.

1. I am pro-immigration, and even have some sympathy for the millions (I believe) of undocumented Mexicans living/working within our borders.

2. I have done ALL of the following: spoken in tongues, interpreted tongues, spoken out with the gift of prophecy -- in church services.

3.  I'm proud of my full head of hair, but started dying it three years ago, because the whole salt and pepper look doesn't work for me.

I'll go with #3 as the lie. You don't strike me as the hair-dyeing type.

1 minute ago, Vort said:

Bingo. I planned on medical school from the age of five, but as a junior in microbiology I decided I was simply too poor of a student to make it in med school. It was with great regret that I changed my career path.

Btw, I did indeed go to grad school at Penn State, and even took a summer internship (for bioengineering) at the Hershey Medical Center. Fun times.

Oh, wait, a compliment. You have a nice head of hair. :) You seem like the kind of person I would observe and say, "I want to be like him when I grow up." Especially meaningful, seeing as how you're younger than me.

Okay let me do this:

1.  I once sat at the head table of a fundraiser with Bob Hope.

2.  I have done both an arrested landing and a catapult launch off of an aircraft carrier while they were out at sea.

3.  I once met the former king and queen of Nepal.

2 hours ago, prisonchaplain said:

@pam  #3. I said I led the chapel, not that I was the king of Nepal. 

#3 is correct.  I saw them but didn't get to meet them.   They came to Kodiak, Alaska when I lived there as a kid and flew into the Naval base there.  Their plane was put into the hangar my dad worked in.  They went to Kodiak to do some bear hunting.

21 minutes ago, prisonchaplain said:

1. I'd have a really hard time giving up Lipton lemon ice tea, if I became LDS.

2. I was once invited to lunch with President Ronald Reagan.

3. The first award I remember receiving was Roll Room Spelling Bee Champion 1977.

Hmmmm I know you like Starbucks Coffee.

• 2 weeks later...