The two greatest television ads of all time

Vort

In my mind, unquestionably the greatest (and most shamelessly cynical) ad ever to run on television:

Running a not-too-distant second, the ad with the catchiest tune and undisguised hero worship, absolutely perfectly timed in its release at the height of Michael-mania (perhaps even causing the height of Michael-mania):

So which do you pick? Coke or Gatorade? Or is there another TV commercial that you think deserves consideration as the GOAT?

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Which will never taste better than Moxie.

You seriously like Moxie? Like for real, no kidding seriously legit swear on your kids like that stuff? 

Guest MormonGator
4 minutes ago, Grunt said:

ALL I drink is water.  UNLESS I treat my self to a soda on the rare occasion.   When I do, that soda is Moxie.

You are the second person I know who drinks that. My grandfather drank that stuff all the time. At his gravesite some family members leave empty bottles of Moxie to him in tribute. 

it's an old New England soda everyone. No alcohol or anything. 

And of yeah, it's disgusting and should never be drank by anyone who likes their taste buds. 

Edited by MormonGator

1 hour ago, Vort said:

Or is there another TV commercial that you think deserves consideration as the GOAT?

Yeah, your Coke and Gatorade commercials are kinda great.  But nothing has the staying power of these two culture-defining commercials that wrote themselves into the DNA of every American born in the early '70's.

1 hour ago, MormonGator said:

You are the second person I know who drinks that. My grandfather drank that stuff all the time. At his gravesite some family members leave empty bottles of Moxie to him in tribute. 

it's an old New England soda everyone. No alcohol or anything. 

And of yeah, it's disgusting and should never be drank by anyone who likes their taste buds.

My husband's family love ginger beer and ginger wine (both non-alcoholic). For me, terrible tasting stuff.

M.

3 hours ago, person0 said:

Moderator!  Moderator!  He's intentionally spreading apostate falsehoods!

The bench finds Dr. Pepper to be the superior drink.  Judgment to the Respondent.  Fees to Respondent.  And @pam owes @Just_A_Guy another root beer, just because.

(I'm mad with power.  Mad, I tell you!)

(#judicialrestraint)

Edited by Just_A_Guy

15 minutes ago, Just_A_Guy said:

The bench finds Dr. Pepper to be the superior drink.  Judgment to the Respondent.  Fees to Respondent.  And @pam owes @Just_A_Guy another root beer, just because.

(I'm mad with power.  Mad, I tell you!)

(#judicialrestraint)

Now wait a gosh darn minute.  Just because I bought you one root beer at dinner doesn't give you the right to start demanding more of my awesome generosity.

2 minutes ago, pam said:

Now wait a gosh darn minute.  Just because I bought you one root beer at dinner doesn't give you the right to start demanding more of my awesome generosity.

Now look what you've done.  Gone and triggered me, you have.  Better make it a root beer float.

Edited by Just_A_Guy