Testimony of the worthiness of the brethern

Sunday21

I am the only member in my family and my ward is quite small so I don’t have many people that I can discuss gospel topics with. I was looking forward to conference one year and thinking how nice the brethren seem to be. I am used to, in my work,  meeting charismatic people and finding out, once you meet their spouses and children, to realizing that many successful people are far better employees than they are family members. I feel for the spouses of a lot of many successful people. I often feel the pain of conscience when work eats up time of colleagues who really owe a big debt to their families and, if they had any sense, should really say, No and spend more time with their families. More than that, I often interact with people who are charming in their professional lives but who misbehave as spouses and parents. The spouses and kids bear the scars. Successful men and women often have inappropriate sides that come out when you work long hours with them. I said a small prayer of sympathy for the wives and families of general authorities who I imagined gritting their teeth through some of the conference talks and wishing that the family patriarch was the person that they represented themselves as being.

i felt a strong prompting and a quiet voice that said, The men who run my church are good fathers and husbands. If this were not the case, I would not have chosen them. I have many to chose from.

i find this message to be of great comfort. I know that the brethren are the people that they appear to be.