Damnation

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

I think you took my statement as indicating frustration at you.  It was not.  I'm genuinely tired since I've been pretty busy at work, getting very little sleep for three weeks now.  In another thread, I completely blanked over a couple of posts that other posters had entered which addressed my question in that thread.  It was just a big blur to me.  

I was asking you in all humility for your help to understand you.  I simply asked you to be more clear and quite obvious because I was just plain too sleepy and was zoning out too much as I read.  But you took it as an attack.  Sorry. 

I guess it's beneath you to speak to someone as intellectually lazy as I am who can't take the time out of my busy schedule and get sufficient sleep to take yet more time out of my busy schedule to extract out a cryptic response to a very simple question.  But at least you changed your position to suit your needs.  You didn't intend to sway any opinions before.  But now you do.  Thank you.

I took no offense, I simply thought that my post was worth your time and it expressed things in a way that more writing would not improve upon.   My apologies that you found my explanation cryptic.  Have a swell day. 

Edited by brlenox

On 11/8/2017 at 1:20 PM, Rob Osborn said:

I have seen many an addict or great sinner that whise spirit is held captive by the devil and they dont even know it. They themselves cannot even explain why they keep doing bad things. Its because they no longer have instrumentality over themselves and what they know to be right.

Elder Russell M. Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve observed:

“Addiction surrenders later freedom to choose. Through chemical means, one can literally become disconnected from his or her own will” (in Conference Report, Oct. 1988, 7; or Ensign,Nov. 1988, 7).

• pam unfeatured this topic