Am I the only aware member with alarm bells going off in his head?

Alex

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/philippines-baby-born-with-stigmata-of-jesus-christ-attracts-thousands-of-believers/

Stigmata is usually associated with the Roman Catholic faith so it makes sense that catholic Filipinos would flock in the thousands to see it.

Hmm,  I'd offer you a tissue for such a meaningful issue but alas, it wouldn't wipe away your deep-seated need to be perpetually offended.

Dude, maybe you ought to take the time to get to know people on the forums before you decide you know enough to insult them.

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Alex said:

Yep and as you know Joseph Smith fired his pistol right back.

One thing you need to be careful of is assuming that others don't know what you do. The most annoying person is the one who acts like he is so "worldly" because he went to Canada once on a day trip while ignoring people in the room who have had their passports stamped all over the world. Don't be "that guy".  

26 minutes ago, MormonGator said:

One thing you need to be careful of is assuming that others don't know what you do. The most annoying person is the one who acts like he is so "worldly" because he went to Canada once on a day trip while ignoring people in the room who have had their passports stamped all over the world. Don't be "that guy".  

yawn.

I've LIVED in 5 countries around the planet and I was an accredited editor on 5 different Lonely Planet Travel guides. Roles in more than 6 different TV dramas in South Korea & 14 bit parts in S.K. dramas. Articles in 5 different art magazines globally. Hmm, One published children's book and content for 14 educational textbooks along with lead roles in 6 commercial films and character roles in 3 movies. Content for at least 3 educational DVD's. Yeah, I could go on but what's the point -you don't like me returning fire at your friend.

Edited by Alex
grammar & stylistic taste

19 minutes ago, Alex said:

yawn.

I've LIVED in 5 countries around the planet and I was an accredited editor on 5 different Lonely Planet Travel guides. Roles in more than 6 different TV dramas in South Korea & 14 bit parts in S.K. dramas. Articles in 5 different art magazines globally. Hmm, One published children's book and content for 14 educational textbooks along with lead roles in 6 commercial films and character roles in 3 movies. Content for at least 3 educational DVD's. Yeah, I could go on but what's the point -you don't like me returning fire at your friend.

A word to the wise, Alex:

Posts like this don't make you look knowledgeable and don't increase your credibility. They do rather the opposite,  coming across as insecure self-promotion. You will do much better trying to argue your points on their merits. Whether you succeed or fail, you will be respected more for having offered your honest thoughts, however weak they may appear.

This is also a surprisingly friendly group. If you stick around a while, you might find friends and learn stuff. Of course, if your purpose is more to instruct others on how smart you are and how they need what you're selling, you probably won't last long. I offer the earnest suggestion that you choose the first option. It's the more profitable route.

Just now, Vort said:

Posts like this don't make you look knowledgeable and don't increase your credibility. They do rather the opposite,  coming across as insecure self-promotion. You will do much better trying to argue your points on their merits. Whether you succeed or fail, you will be respected more for having offered your honest thoughts, however weak they may appear.

This is also a surprisingly friendly group. If you stick around a while, you might find friends and learn stuff. Of course, if your purpose is more to instruct others on how smart you are and how they need what you're selling, you probably won't last long. I offer the earnest suggestion that you choose the first option. It's the more profitable route.

It doesn't worry me if I don't last long for having the tenacity to give it right back.

Look, I'm just not interested in Mormon mummy blogs- sorry.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/philippines-baby-born-with-stigmata-of-jesus-christ-attracts-thousands-of-believers/

Stigmata is usually associated with the Roman Catholic faith so it makes sense that catholic Filipinos would flock in the thousands to see it.

Hmm,  I'd offer you a tissue for such a meaningful issue but alas, it wouldn't wipe away your deep-seated need to be perpetually offended.

Continue on with your attacks against my culture and my person.  You like quoting Bible verses and such.  Seems like you're too busy looking for Biblical signs to actually find time to live it.  I forgive you.

Edited by anatess2

Guest MormonGator
5 minutes ago, Vort said:

Wrong @Vort. We all know that a truly accomplished, successful, and intelligent person spends all their time telling others how accomplished, successful and intelligent they are. 

Just now, anatess2 said:

Continue on with your attacks against my culture and my person.  You like quoting Bible verses and such.  Seems like you're too busy looking for Biblical signs to actually find time to live it.  I forgive you.

You "forgive" me ?

Why would you forgive me for a holding mirror up to you, so you could see your own reflection? 

Oh and I didn't know you were a catholic- do you pray the rosary?

1 minute ago, MormonGator said:

Wrong @Vort. We all know that a truly accomplished, successful, and intelligent person spends all their time telling others how accomplished, successful and intelligent they are at telling others how accomplished, successful and intelligent they are.

There.  Fixed that for you. ;)

Guest MormonGator
Just now, zil said:

There.  Fixed that for you. ;)

Did I ever tell you that I won three Heisman trophies in college @zil while earning a medical degree, a JD, and three Ph.Ds? All in one year girl. ONE YEAR

Just now, MormonGator said:

Did I ever tell you that I won three Heisman trophies in college @zil while earning a medical degree, a JD, and three Ph.Ds? All in one year girl. ONE YEAR

Gosh, all that and still time to digest Mormon mummy blogs- incredible!

Nah just kidding, I'm sure people here think you're clever.

Duuuude.  That's impressive.  But apparently you were too busy to tell me.  You need to work harder at that.  I'd tell you my accomplishments, but I don't want to make you feel like a slacker.  (Hint: creating universes is harder than you'd think, but totally do-able.  If you're me.)

Guest MormonGator
Just now, Alex said:

!Nah just kidding, I'm sure people here think you're clever.

It's actually charming, witty, attractive, kind and cool. But thank you, I'll take clever. 

1 minute ago, zil said:

Duuuude.  That's impressive.  But apparently you were too busy to tell me.  You need to work harder at that.  I'd tell you my accomplishments, but I don't want to make you feel like a slacker.  (Hint: creating universes is harder than you'd think, but totally do-able.  If you're me.)

I'd believe it except that you showed us your ink collection and, frankly, girlfriend, it's not even enough to create a planet, let alone the universe.  You need to do something about that. ;)

Guest MormonGator
1 minute ago, zil said:

Just don't take the cleaver - we're having ribs tomorrow and I need it to hack them apart.

I'll be going to Jville this weekend actually. You can have the party while I'm gone. I'm sure you and @LadyGator will be looking at those pool boys again. 

1 minute ago, anatess2 said:

I'd believe it except that you showed us your ink collection and, frankly, girlfriend, it's not even enough to create a planet, let alone the universe.  You need to do something about that. ;)

Actually, 1mL will get you at least 15 pages.  I have, sec, doing math, 583 mL (approximately), that's 8745 pages.  Yeah, I can get a few universes out of that.

I'm sure you and @LadyGator will be looking at those pool boys again. 

Duh.