Best. Tweet. Ever.

anatess2

This is Presidential Gold.  Trollmaster in Chief.  280 characters unleashed.   I want to go get Thomas Jefferson in Bill and Ted's phone booth and see what he does with a twitter account.  This is the funnest Presidential timeline.  I can just imagine my great-great-grandkids opening some tomes in the Library of Congress and seeing this!

29906170001_5643553845001_5643549780001-

Yeah, and anyone who figures this level of stuff is somehow new to Trump and he's not being presidential, just needs to read more history.

President John Adams once was talking about how much of a shame it was that Alexander Hamilton was unable to get one of his projects done because he suffered from "a super-abundance of secretions which he could not find whores enough to draw off."  True, he was former president when he said this, but there has always been plenty of political mudslinging at an opponent while in office.  Back in the day, sometimes published anonymously under pseudonyms.

3 hours ago, NeuroTypical said:

Yeah, and anyone who figures this level of stuff is somehow new to Trump and he's not being presidential, just needs to read more history.

President John Adams once was talking about how much of a shame it was that Alexander Hamilton was unable to get one of his projects done because he suffered from "a super-abundance of secretions which he could not find whores enough to draw off."  True, he was former president when he said this, but there has always been plenty of political mudslinging at an opponent while in office.  Back in the day, sometimes published anonymously under pseudonyms.

Wasn't it Hamilton that got killed in a duel?

And who was it that said Banks are killing me, I'm going to kill it... and proceeded to wipe out the national debt.  Was that Jackson?

Edited by anatess2

Who came up with the rules of what it means to be Presidential?

I like that Democrat guy from SoCal, Victor Davis Hanson.  He gave this awesome speech where he pointed out that the problem with the Democrat Party is that they are concentrated on the prosperous coastal big cities so they support laws that doesn't really impact them much.  So they define what is politically correct by their little city bubble and don't realize the rest of the country doesn't live that way.