CH1 now on LDS.org for everyone

Jane_Doe

Antagonist and fence sitting paranoid members alike can now see for themselves all the deep dark secrets that CH1 has been withholding from it's membership and the world at large... let the disappointment of all the missing/lack of Harry Potter and cult like voodoo sink in finally.

On a serious note, I think this is a great way (edit: if not posted by mistake) to take away half the pretend ammunition that others purport to "have on us" or that only the oppressive elite leadership knows about.

Edited by NeedleinA

31 minutes ago, BeccaKirstyn said:

Are we sure this isn't a mistake? If I go to lds.org and look under manuals, Handbook 1 is not available. 

Yes, are we sure this isn't just a bug in the website code?

If not, and it stays, and is eventually added to the navigation for everyone, brace yourselves for all the Monday morning, armchair bishops and stake presidents who will detach from the woodwork.

4 minutes ago, e-eye said:

When I click on the link it just goes to handbook 2.  Must have been a glitch. 

On the left, the navigation has Handbook 2 in bold, but look at the title above the table of contents - it says "Handbook 1: Stake Presidents and Bishops".  At least, that's what it says when I click on the link.  Now, when I click on an item in the table of contents, it takes me into handbook 2, so this looks like a bug to me.  Hopefully they'll figure it out soon.

31 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Do I have to read it?

No, they even took it down now.  Evidently it was only on there accidentally (computer glitch).

The "Church Handbook of Instructions" (CHI) is a logistical-how-to manual of guidelines for church operations.  There's two parts of it: one of which is for everyone's use, and one with additional bishop/stake president instructions.  You don't have to read either and most members don't, but they are useful guidelines for logistical stuff like "How do I run a Primary?".

Edited by Jane_Doe

As a former member of a branch presidency I can assure everyone that there is absolutely nothing surprising about what's in handbook 1 it just gives specific instructions to leadership. Now if you want to know about proper goat sacrificing techniques you need to go to Handbook 0...but I've said too much?