Moving the US Israeli Embassy

Traveler

Is this a definite indication (sign of the times) that “things” just got “closer”?  The sun was just darkened (solar eclipse) – and a blood moon (third total lunar eclipse in succession) to take place on January 19th, 2019.    Is all this just a coincidence?  Any ideas what the stars falling from heaven might be?

The Traveler

Guest MormonGator

Coincidence. It's fun to play chicken little but in reality, we'd get more information if it's the end of the world. Things would also be much worse. 

The cool part about making these "prophecies" is that they become self fulfilling after awhile. It's like saying "Today I'm going to die" every day when you wake up.  Eventually you'll be right. 

Edited by MormonGator

2 hours ago, Traveler said:

Is this a definite indication (sign of the times) that “things” just got “closer”?  The sun was just darkened (solar eclipse) – and a blood moon (third total lunar eclipse in succession) to take place on January 19th, 2019.    Is all this just a coincidence?  Any ideas what the stars falling from heaven might be?

The Traveler

The stars falling from heaven is literally some of the stars we see in the night sky. 

But what is interesting to me is the linking of the time of the movement of the stars with the raging of the sea in some scriptures.

25And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; 26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken. 27And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

I think there's 2 scriptures that have seas raging in the last days along with the stars falling.

But, there's also this little pearl from the book of Jude. The church's doctrine on this scripture is that it is discussing the method of astronomy of the day- 'Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.'   But I'm wondering if there is more to that scripture because of the 'raging waves of the sea' line. Could it be prophetic and not just pointing to the habit of looking to the stars?

If it's prophetic then it could mean that wandering stars signify the last days which puts a different spin on what Neal A. Maxwell said. He said of the signs of the last days that the stars may have moved already, hundreds of thousands of years ago and that we just haven't seen their light altered yet.

Would certainly be amazing if many stars began to move at the same time, given their differing distances from earth- that would indicate that not only is our large solar system a life support system for earth but the galaxy itself is designed for this earth.

((edit, and lets not forget the great Portishead track while we're here. Used in umpteen film soundtracks over the last 20 years and the verse thought to mean many things, as can be seen from the comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEQNAZGoZrw     ))

Edited by Alex

Guest Godless

As a teenager (and active LDS) I always speculated that the falling stars were nukes, which would probably look a lot like falling stars to a 1st Century seer like John the Revelator. I never had any doctinal basis for that theory, just the musings of a teenager with a morbid take on scripture.

3 hours ago, Traveler said:

You may not realize it.  But Pres. Hinckley already declared that the blood moon prophecy had been satisfied.  And it had nothing to do with lunar eclipses.  But I guess no one cares.

Edited by Guest

Joel 3:15 reads:   " The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.shall withdraw their shining. "

I believe this prophecy was fulfilled around the year 1990.  Ever watch the "Fires of Kuwait" documentary?  Iraqi military forces after invading Kuwait lit hundreds of oil wells on fire before withdrawing from the country.  In the middle of day it looked like night over there.  The sun, the moon, and the stars were darkened.  

It is amazing what restoration workers accomplished in the time they did as they went in to Kuwait to fix the massive destruction.

Watch the very interesting documentary here:

*Chuckle* The world has been playing "Guess when" for a long time now, hey, my crystal ball has never worked, but if I had to be pressed to say anything, I'd say "Stay ready so you don't have to get ready". I'm not doing the 11th hour thing, so, I'll remain chicken little. My life is weird, so, I leave nothing to chance. Maybe the Army made me paranoid, but hey, I'll just remain ready. It's easier. 

Two thousand years ago the apostle Peter declared Joel’s prophecy to be fulfilled.  See Acts 2:16-21.

I realize the Lord has given specific prophecies in order that the Saints not be surprised at His Coming.  But a lot of this business of “oooooh . . . it’s happening”; checking off lists of prophecies that have been fulfilled versus those that haven’t been fulfilled; and insisting that this current event constitutes prophecy-fulfillment whereas that nearly-identical historical event didn’t; strikes me as something of a parlor game that I find it hard to get too worked up about.

It’ll happen when it happens. In the meantime I’m building my food supply and trying to live right—but I’m also buying mutual funds.

Edited by Just_A_Guy

I started breathing and relaxing when I read an article that brought two things to my attention:

- Folks started sitting on their roofs casting their eyes heavenward and expecting the second coming, shortly after Christ's resurrection and ascendance
- Joseph Smith encountered and gently rebuked people at various times for doing the same thing in the early days of the restoration. (Some of them had climbed up on their roofs too, having read their bibles apparently.)

I figure the best way to prepare to the "day which is close at hand", that has been coming for two millenia:
- Pray to God, but row away from the rocks.
- Live life spiritually as if it were going to happen tomorrow, but continue to plant trees and save for retirement and embark on new educational opportunities.

Edited by NeuroTypical

14 hours ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

Joel 3:15 reads:   " The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining.shall withdraw their shining. "

I believe this prophecy was fulfilled around the year 1990.  Ever watch the "Fires of Kuwait" documentary?  Iraqi military forces after invading Kuwait lit hundreds of oil wells on fire before withdrawing from the country.  In the middle of day it looked like night over there.  The sun, the moon, and the stars were darkened.  

It is amazing what restoration workers accomplished in the time they did as they went in to Kuwait to fix the massive destruction.

Watch the very interesting documentary here:

The problem with seeing the fires of Kuwait as the fulfillment of prophecy is that it leaves no room for Revelations 8:8-9 to take place:

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

Such an event that would destroy a third of the oceans is casting an inconceivable amount of dust into the sea. A volcano to do that would be spewing so much into the air that it alone would block the earth's skies.

Don't forget that Tambora in the Southern Hemisphere messed with Joseph Smith's family for 2 years in that it prevented Joseph Smith Snr from earning a living by farming.

On 2017-12-06 at 9:03 PM, Carborendum said:

You may not realize it.  But Pres. Hinckley already declared that the blood moon prophecy had been satisfied.  And it had nothing to do with lunar eclipses.  But I guess no one cares.

Dear @Carborendum. Can you remind us what the physical manifestation was? I found the talk by Hinckley but it did not meantion the sign itself. Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Sunday21 said:

Dear @Carborendum. Can you remind us what the physical manifestation was? I found the talk by Hinckley but it did not meantion the sign itself. Thank you.

I think you answered the question yourself.  But the simple fact is that there was no recent lunar eclipse.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Alex said:

The problem with seeing the fires of Kuwait as the fulfillment of prophecy is that it leaves no room for Revelations 8:8-9 to take place:

And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

Such an event that would destroy a third of the oceans is casting an inconceivable amount of dust into the sea. A volcano to do that would be spewing so much into the air that it alone would block the earth's skies.

Don't forget that Tambora in the Southern Hemisphere messed with Joseph Smith's family for 2 years in that it prevented Joseph Smith Senior from earning a living by farming.

You are assuming both prophecies in the books of Joel and Revelation of the sun and moon being darkened are linked together.  They may not be linked.  It is my own belief anyway on the fulfillment of Joel chapter 3 verse 15.  I do not know if Christ is coming in three years or another one hundred years.  It does not matter to me.  When I die I am going to meet the LORD either in white robes or in my sins depending on how I live my life.

1 minute ago, Still_Small_Voice said:

You are assuming both prophecies in the books of Joel and Revelation of the sun and moon being darkened are linked together.  They may not be linked.  It is my own belief anyway on the fulfillment of Joel chapter 3 verse 15.  I do not know if Christ is coming in three years or another one hundred years.  It does not matter to me.  When I die I am going to meet the LORD either in white robes or in my sins depending on how I live my life.

I reject your term 'assumption'. 

To me it seems logical.

Hmm, take for instance the prophecy that in the year the lord returns, it will be a year without rainbows. Logic says that God will not suddenly stop rainbows as the rainbow is the symbol of the promise that God would not flood the earth again. God is not taking back that promise nor would he take back his symbol of the promise- logic however says therefore, it won't rain that year which would prevent rainbows from forming.

The ejecta from the volcano in Rev 8:8-9 is going to be thick enough to foul the seas. The polluting of sea water through meteorological events has happened thousands of times throughout history and continues to happen- there's footage on youtube of fish not being able to breath.

Logic suggests that if the ejecta is thick enough to foul water that it will also be thick enough to block the sun- for it is cast out of the volcano. What you're suggesting is a volcano that only spews muck that falls into the sea when such an event has never been recorded before. No, I reject your notion entirely for such is the magnitude of that volcano prophesied there that it will have associated disturbances. The power to throw out such muck will be intense- never seen before on earth and I can't accept that it will not throw enormous amounts of dust into the sky.

If you were to point out that in the following verses, we see the events that do cloud the sky, I agree. However, our sky always eventually clears from volcanic ash as it falls to the earth. I put it to you that the volcano blocks the sun initially and then the following events occur to really shroud the light.

10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

Guest LiterateParakeet
3 hours ago, Sunday21 said:

So not a lunar eclipse but a ...? Not a physical thing but a ...?

I think - we simply don't know.  The significance of this - for me - is that I had always thought the moon turning to blood will be a huge event that everyone would notice and could not dispute.  Now we see that it happened, and we don't even know exactly when!  I take that to mean that the prophesies of the Last Days may be fulfilled in ways that we will only see in hindsight.  We may miss the signs right before our eyes.  

Another thing I take from this is that Pres. Hinckley said this in the Saturday morning session, and therefore a lot of people missed.  I base this on the many people I have talked to over the years that weren't aware he had said this.  The lesson to me here is "Pay Attention!"  Not sure I'm doing that well enough, but that is the lesson for me.  

Finally, as others have said, I try to keep my year supply replenished and keep making long term goals as well!   When it happens, yes, it's possible it could happen in our lifetime, but if it doesn't, I want to be ready for that too!  

On 12/6/2017 at 7:03 PM, Carborendum said:

I assume "Living in the Fulness of Times" (October 2001) is the talk to which you're referring?  (Just in case anyone wants to easily find and read for themselves.)

• 8 months later...
On 12/6/2017 at 6:34 PM, Traveler said:

The Traveler

It is certainly an important step toward the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple which.......

quite possibly has to happen previous to the full fledged fulfillment of Zechariah chapter 14.  

On 8/11/2018 at 11:05 PM, DennisTate said:

It is certainly an important step toward the rebuilding of the Jerusalem Third Temple which.......

quite possibly has to happen previous to the full fledged fulfillment of Zechariah chapter 14.  

I'm not sure how the US embassy helps in this regard.  I've always felt that the temple in Jerusalem would be a product of conversion of the people of Jerusalem to the restored gospel.  At this point in time, I don't see yet how that is possible when we're still having to face the problem of bringing those people to a peaceful existence.  I'm thinking that an Israeli-Palestine cultural upheaval is the only way things can head to peaceful coexistence in Jerusalem.  Anything the US does will not change much unless such actions lead to this cultural upheaval.  What's your opinion on this matter?

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:05 PM, DennisTate said:

You should visit Israel - The Jews cannot build a temple - nor even walk on the temple mount.  Jesus (who was a Jew) was only allowed to the outer courts.  There is a reason why Jews gather at the western wall and not closer.  Before a priest can ascend to the temple mount they must be cleansed but there are no Jews even authorized to cleanse a priest.  Outside of the Jews and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and especially in traditional Christianity - there is no clear understanding not just what is necessary for building the temple but certainly what is missing from the heavens before even preparations can be made.

The Traveler

1 hour ago, Traveler said:

You should visit Israel - The Jews cannot build a temple - nor even walk on the temple mount.  Jesus (who was a Jew) was only allowed to the outer courts.  There is a reason why Jews gather at the western wall and not closer.  Before a priest can ascend to the temple mount they must be cleansed but there are no Jews even authorized to cleanse a priest.  Outside of the Jews and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and especially in traditional Christianity - there is no clear understanding not just what is necessary for building the temple but certainly what is missing from the heavens before even preparations can be made.

The Traveler

I would love to visit Israel.......

and a few months ago I ran into a theory on how the central area of the temple described in Ezekiel 40 - 48 would actually be quite a distance outside Jerusalem...... in an Israeli national park.  This man has done some fascinating research......

https://galgal.dreamwidth.org/1782.html

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2017 at 3:34 PM, Traveler said:

The Traveler

zombie reply time but i couldn't resist.

the earth going to warp speed.

Edited by Blackmarch