Fountain pen frenzy thread

NeuroTypical

2 minutes ago, zil said:

They made an ink especially for @Vort!

9a17ed62-db60-4790-afb2-253ed5452ba8

https://www.gouletpens.com/colorverse-vortex-motion-80ml-bottled-ink/p/CV-17

But I have to say, it's kind of a dull color - not even the blackest black, more of a grayish black... :yawn:

It's like gunmetal!  I love it!  It looks like it's got some sheen to it?

6 minutes ago, Vort said:

Wow! It's perfect!

Well, I wouldn't go that far, but the mini bottle you get with it is adorable.  Personally, I kinda like this pair better:

07996602-9206-4dce-8890-6757841d2560

https://www.gouletpens.com/colorverse-extra-dimension-and-warped-passages-80ml-bottled-ink/p/CV-27-28

5 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

It's like gunmetal!  I love it!  It looks like it's got some sheen to it?

Apparently it's a freaking sheen monster:

org_dsc00686.jpg?w=736

Edited by zil

Guest LiterateParakeet
6 minutes ago, zil said:

Apparently it's a freaking sheen monster:

I love it!  Gotta try some Colorverse now, though likely not that particular color, definitely this brand though.  I think one of the Colorverse inks could be just the thing I'm looking for, for my Noodler's Nib Creeper!  Off to Gouletpens....   Also need to buy a pen for my son, at his request! Heh, heh...

OK, better description of Vortex...

And Vortex Motion is grey, no green, “no, don’t box me in, let me express myself!” free expression yet still art-school moody deep ink.

When compared to other whackadoo green/black or sheening greens its really hard to get a clesr [sic] bead on exactly how odd Vortex Motion really is in a photo. I’d have to say that Sailor Jentle Miruai is probably closest but its more green and Vortex Motion reacts more greyish in some light.

Vortex Motion is interesting but its so unusual and I already own all the Sailor Jentle oddball colors like Rikyu-Cha and Miruai and Epinard which I don’t tend to use a lot. If those dark, murky colors are your wheelhouse, than definitely consider Vortex Motion.

(Though I think @Vort may be obliged to either reject this description or the ink because of the description. :lol: )

Wow! I really love this ink. It is unusual, quirky and different, quite unlike any other ink that I have tried before. It is very difficult to describe this colour. It is a colour-changer. It is a distinct brown when wet, and then dries to a brown-grey shade, with a muted pinkish undertone (barely perceptible). It has a light turquoise dye component. It has an amazing, delicate, but quite pronounced, silvery/ sage green sheen. It is very different to those other chameleon-like inks – Pen & Message Cigar and Sailor Rikyu-cha. I can’t find an ink that is a similar colour. The colour is very paper dependent.

It is a saturated ink; very lubricated and flows well. It has a feel similar to a typical Sailor-style ink to me. I have tried it in various pens and with different nib sizes, and it has worked flawlessly so far. I left it in a pen for 2 weeks unused and I had no start-up issues. It is slow to dry (around 25 – 30 secs), especially on papers like Tomoegawa and Elias, but is more acceptable on other more absorbent/toothy papers.

Those are the best reviews I found.  These are a new brand, so not a lot out there yet.  That last review gives good info, though, and it looks like a good ink.  (No water-resistance to speak of, in case anyone cares.)

Just now, NeuroTypical said:

Meanwhile, I'm just over here like: 

dlme.jpg.032a93b345e4018a1aca19760d15ff12.jpg

Yes.  I could send you samples (as in, pull pages out of notebooks, unless otherwise indicated) of the following.  Let me know if you're serious.

I think that's all the varieties of FP-friendly paper I've got.

2 hours ago, zil said:

They made an ink especially for @Vort!

But I have to say, it's kind of a dull color - not even the blackest black, more of a grayish black... :yawn:

It looks like a black watercolor.

8 hours ago, mirkwood said:

...pen lives matter...

It's a problem hardly anyone talks about - pen abuse and nibicide!  Just look at these poor victims:

ohmyword.jpg.65ff8fe4784f6f1d8bab3a81ac75f6c9.jpgindex.jpg.080af728f449e45879598ed61846b6a7.jpgalas.jpg.9803343f0648a5d4361ce880e69e39a7.jpg

(I can't even imagine how anyone could do that to the first nib! :eek:  I mean, some kind of torture equipment must be involved. :tears:  Even Richard Binder couldn't fix that poor thing.)

1 hour ago, zil said:

It's a problem hardly anyone talks about - pen abuse and nibicide!  Just look at these poor victims:

ohmyword.jpg.65ff8fe4784f6f1d8bab3a81ac75f6c9.jpgindex.jpg.080af728f449e45879598ed61846b6a7.jpgalas.jpg.9803343f0648a5d4361ce880e69e39a7.jpg

(I can't even imagine how anyone could do that to the first nib! :eek:  I mean, some kind of torture equipment must be involved. :tears:  Even Richard Binder couldn't fix that poor thing.)

I will bet you a dozen donuts somebody was being an idiot and put their pen on the table without the cap and it rolled off to go on a head-on collision with the floor.

5 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

I will bet you a dozen donuts somebody was being an idiot and put their pen on the table without the cap and it rolled off to go on a head-on collision with the floor.

In the last two, yes.  But that can't explain the first one.  That poor thing had to have gone through some kind of machinery.

On 4/10/2018 at 1:31 PM, Vort said:

I am weeping to know that someone finally gets me.

Here's a video of your ink so you have some music to weep to...  (Actually, it's several Colorverse inks, but I set the link to start with Vortex Motion.