Rebaptism Question

Lionel2018

Hello, everyone.  I resigned my LDS Church membership several years ago.  I then wandered about life aimlessly, attended a few different churches, joined one or two.  It was all, quite obviously, a terrible mistake and I want to rejoin the Church.  I’ve searched for more information on how to do this, but I’ve found very little information and some of what I’ve found is contradictory.  I found an old thread on this forum, but it did not seem like there was a lot of specific information on the process.  I wouldn’t imagine that I am the only person who has resigned and then wanted to return, so hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction.  I have tried contacting my local branch president and he was looking into the matter but shortly after he was released from the calling and there is now new branch president and I think I might have slipped through the cracks or something.  I’m not upset about that or anything, but I am hoping to find some information on what this process will consist of.  I was not subject to any disciplinary actions before my resignation, though I am quite sure having joined other churches after having resigned has made my case all that much worse.  Still, I’m prepared for the long haul and want to come back.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

First of all: CONGRATS!!!!  So happy to have you back!

The basic outline is the same as when you joined the first time:  

- Go to church and learn

- Meet with the missionaries and learn

- Pray / Read your scriptures  and learn

- Apply that learning by walking with God.  That includes repenting and setting up a date to be baptized.

Things like being a member of another church is not a horrible sin, so I wouldn't worry about that.  There are differences in paperwork, which the missionaries take care of, so I also wouldn't worry about that.  What's important is your walk with Christ.

Any other questions we could help you out with?

9 hours ago, Lionel2018 said:

Thanks, everyone!  I called my branch and will be meeting with the missionaries later today.  Please keep me in your prayers!

Let us know how that went.  :)  We'd love to follow along on your journey.