Forgiveness and degrees of glory

Seeker of truth

On 2/4/2018 at 11:14 PM, wenglund said:

I was so busy dealing with Rob on another thread that I didn't notice, until just a few minutes ago, how much fun a number of people are having with him on this thread.

Good stuff. I am learning a lot.

Thanks, -Wade Englund-

I'm finding it most entertaining to see how many times he's declared that he's done talking to people, and then he continues talking to them.

I also find it entertaining to see how often he sidesteps or simply ignores questions only to accuse others of refusing to answer his questions.  I should start a spreadsheet and count how many times this has happened.  The results would, of course, be kept for posterity.  Is hypocrisy considered a logical fallacy?

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

I'm finding it most entertaining to see how many times he's declared that he's done talking to people, and then he continues talking to them.

I also find it entertaining to see how often he sidesteps or simply ignores questions only to accuse others of refusing to answer his questions.  I should start a spreadsheet and count how many times this has happened.  The results would, of course, be kept for posterity.  Is hypocrisy considered a logical fallacy?

Pretty small spreadsheet indeed, probably just need one column and one line.:)

I have actually been quite forthcoming and have done my best to answer questions. 

On 1/31/2018 at 4:54 PM, Just_A_Guy said:

In the Church, we tend to default to thinking of the kingdoms of glory as places. 

But what if the key issue isn’t where people go, but what they become?  

And what if what they become is less a matter of divine fiat, and more a natural product of the choices and priorities and testimonies that people produced during their lifetimes?

Could it be that—at a certain point in our progression—God can fully forgive us while still not having the power to change us beyond a certain point?

We shall be like Him for we shall see Him as He is.  1 Jonn 3:2

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.  1 Corinthians 2:9

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. Romans 8:17

Based on my own studies I think your comment of “what they become” is very accurate. I know my own longing of heaven revolves around what I will be on that day. That all my doubts, shortcomings, and faults will fall away when I stand in the presence of our Father, because I will be like Him for I will see Him as He is.

Edited by warnerfranklin
change font

On 2/10/2018 at 3:55 PM, warnerfranklin said:

We shall be like Him for we shall see Him as He is.  1 Jonn 3:2

No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him.  1 Corinthians 2:9

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. Romans 8:17

Based on my own studies I think your comment of “what they become” is very accurate. I know my own longing of heaven revolves around what I will be on that day. That all my doubts, shortcomings, and faults will fall away when I stand in the presence of our Father, because I will be like Him for I will see Him as He is.

I honestly feel that when we remove all the darkness that clouds this world and our minds that all of those who seek the Father will become just as He is- Gods.

Guest MormonGator
On 2/10/2018 at 3:42 PM, Carborendum said:

I'm finding it most entertaining to see how many times he's declared that he's done talking to people, and then he continues talking to them

That's how a teenage drama queen acts. Well, them and certain types on the internet. 

• pam unfeatured this topic