Filter skipping

pam

I've been noticing a lot more lately people using acronyms for swear words in conversations.  This would be considered filter skipping which is against the rules of the site.  For example:  BS

5. No cursing or crude language. Any swearing, including filter skipping, will result in an automatic one week suspension.

This is not the type of language that we want here on the forums and it needs to stop.  I realize some subjects are hot topics to some.  But we can't allow this type of conversation to continue.

Good reminder - thanks Pam.

In semi-related news:
The inventor of the word "grawlix" - the little linguistic shapes or symbols that indicate a cartoon character is swearing, died last month at the age of 94.  Mort Walker created Beetle Bailey and produced it for more than six decades, making his the longest tenure of any cartoonist on his original creation in the history of comics.

https://comicbookglossary.wordpress.com/grawlixes/

Grawlixes - Appropriate for Sunday comics, but not appropriate for mormonhub.com.  Because we have specific words in mind when we do it, and it is basically a way to communicate the word without having to say it.  Which is a cheat, which doesn't fly.

:)

34 minutes ago, NeuroTypical said:

Grawlixes - Appropriate for Sunday comics, but not appropriate for mormonhub.com.  Because we have specific words in mind when we do it, and it is basically a way to communicate the word without having to say it.  Which is a cheat, which doesn't fly.

Can we say, "Oh grawlix!"?  Or should we stick with "Drat!"? ;)  (I think my favorite will always be "blooming stands", but I'm not sure how many will get it.)

• pam locked this topic