Carol Lynn Pearson's book

jewels8

21 hours ago, jewels8 said:

Also, is it really Church doctrine or conjecture that Mary, the mother of Jesus (Father in Heaven's daughter) will or is now one of Father in Heaven's wives.

I suspect this has been answered (haven't read the entire thread yet), but this is no doctrine of the church.

And does that mean Father in Heaven has multiple wives?  Is that proven or conjecture that there is more than one Heavenly Mother?

Also no doctrine on these matters.

Just now, The Folk Prophet said:

Yes.

Just now, The Folk Prophet said:

Yes.

And where do you get your source for the answer from?  That seems pretty unfair to put that kind of a restriction on a woman.

Just for the record, I will reiterate it again here, I do not support gay marriage.  But I do believe in being kind to our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters.  I do believe in traditional marriage between a man and a woman.  I do believe in celestial marriage.  I do believe in eternal families.  I believe a family should live a clean,  life.  T'hat there should be love, peace in the home, that the Gospel should be taught and everyone should be respected, loved and cared for.

1 minute ago, jewels8 said:

And where do you get your source for the answer from?

Just for the record, I will reiterate it again here, I do not support gay marriage.  But I do believe in being kind to our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters.  I do believe in traditional marriage between a man and a woman.  I do believe in celestial marriage.  I do believe in eternal families.  I believe a family should live a clean,  life.  T'hat there should be love, peace in the home, that the Gospel should be taught and everyone should be respected, loved and cared for.

I'm not sure how the gay marriage thing plays into what I'm replying to. Maybe you should review what I was responding to. As for source: D&C 132:52

If that is  true, I really have lost respect for Him, and if He is polygamous, yuck, I have no respect for unfaithful men who practice "legalized adultery"

And I have no respect for faithless women who would dare criticize the Almighty because of their own puny mortal selfish views on the eternities.

13 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

I'm not sure how the gay marriage thing plays into what I'm replying to. Maybe you should review what I was responding to. As for source: D&C 132:52

Sorry, the other thing just came up on its own, I don't know why.

9 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

And I have no respect for faithless women who would dare criticize the Almighty because of their own puny mortal selfish views on the eternities.

Sorry, if that came across as harsh, but more than one wife seems more like a want then a need, sorry, just my puny, little , opinion. :)

3 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

Sorry, if that came across as harsh, but more than one wife seems more like a want then a need, sorry, just my puny, little , opinion. :)

Not that I agree with you, but so what if it's a want rather than a need?  Does that make it less righteous?

Anyway, for somebody who demands we don't judge you sure do a lot of judging.

2 hours ago, jewels8 said:

It is refreshing and uplifting to me to see a man who cares about his wife's feelings and a man who feels that way.  

I care a great deal about my wife's feelings. It's yours I'm struggling to empathize or sympathize with.

Your entire view of marriage is based on sex.

How come a 2nd wife is diminished somehow but a second child is not? Was my older sister somehow damaged by my having been born? When the third, forth, fifth, and so on child came along did we all lose something? What about my mother and father. Weren't the hurt by the fact that their time now needed to be shared between a bunch of snot-nosed little twerps? (I can say that about us because I am, really, speaking of myself, and I was a snot-nosed little twerp)? Of course not. Of course not. Of course not. And of course not.

The only difference you're speaking of is sex. You're obsessed with the "sex" of it all. How dare a man have "sex" with another woman is what it really comes down to. That, ultimately, is what you mean, because otherwise, an all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful being is limited in no way by there being more than two all-knowing, all-powerful, all-seeing beings in the mix. It's merely a matter of you considering the theoretical sex of it all icky.

Of course that all entirely without any understanding (the same as with us all) of sex in the eternities.

I can understand the difficulty of having to share something so intimate in mortality. But projecting mortality into the eternities as if we understand and then criticizing our beloved Father in Heaven for it. SHAME ON YOU and the wickedness of that. God does not deserve your evil and blasphemy. He is our loving, eternal Father who loves more than you and your tiny human brain could possible understand and you talk about losing respect for Him and imply "Yuck" like some sort of child grossed out by the idea of their parent's intimacy? SHAMEFUL. Do you have ANY sense of what He and His Son have done for you?

Grow up. Apologize to God. Repent.

14 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

I care a great deal about my wife's feelings. It's yours I'm struggling to empathize or sympathize with.

Your entire view of marriage is based on sex.

How come a 2nd wife is diminished somehow but a second child is not? Was my older sister somehow damaged by my having been born? When the third, forth, fifth, and so on child came along did we all lose something? What about my mother and father. Weren't the hurt by the fact that their time now needed to be shared between a bunch of snot-nosed little twerps? (I can say that about us because I am, really, speaking of myself, and I was a snot-nosed little twerp)? Of course not. Of course not. Of course not. And of course not.

The only difference you're speaking of is sex. You're obsessed with the "sex" of it all. How dare a man have "sex" with another woman is what it really comes down to. That, ultimately, is what you mean, because otherwise, an all-seeing, all-knowing, all-powerful being is limited in no way by there being more than two all-knowing, all-powerful, all-seeing beings in the mix. It's merely a matter of you considering the theoretical sex of it all icky.

Of course that all entirely without any understanding (the same as with us all) of sex in the eternities.

I can understand the difficulty of having to share something so intimate in mortality. But projecting mortality into the eternities as if we understand and then criticizing our beloved Father in Heaven for it. SHAME ON YOU and the wickedness of that. God does not deserve your evil and blasphemy. He is our loving, eternal Father who loves more than you and your tiny human brain could possible understand and you talk about losing respect for Him and imply "Yuck" like some sort of child grossed out by the idea of their parent's intimacy? SHAMEFUL. Do you have ANY sense of what He and His Son have done for you?

Grow up. Apologize to God. Repent.

That is not Christ's way of handling things.  You really have no idea of how I view marriage.  And it is men who want sex and want more then one wife..  It is men who want polygamy.  I have heard a bishop say about something else that he does not do guilt.  Shaming people is not of God.  Take your own advice.  Grow up.  Accept that women find polygamy hard.  Accept that you are a man who probably likes sex too much and probably is not patient enough, not charitable enough, and probably isn't selfless enough to understand and be able to keep one wife happy enough, let alone to be allowed to have two or more, and that if you don't repent  of whatever lusts you as a male have, you will not make it either.  I really have nothing else to say.  I apologize for my rudeness.  But as for you being a man, i can hardly think you will , in your male analytical mind, see a need to apologize for your rude behavior.

6 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

That is not Christ's way of handling things.  You really have no idea of how I view marriage.  And it is men who want sex and want more then one wife..  It is men who want polygamy.  I have heard a bishop say about something else that he does not do guilt.  Shaming people is not of God.  Take your own advice.  Grow up.  Accept that women find polygamy hard.  Accept that you are a man who probably likes sex too much and probably is not patient enough, not charitable enough, and probably isn't selfless enough to understand and be able to keep one wife happy enough, let alone to be allowed to have two or more, and that if you don't repent  of whatever lusts you as a male have, you will not make it either.  I really have nothing else to say.  I apologize for my rudeness.  But as for you being a man, i can hardly think you will , in your male analytical mind, see a need to apologize for your rude behavior.

You have a very low opinion of men.

So yeah, there's this woman who keeps on hitting people with a baseball bat.  Over and over and over.  All the while saying I apologize for hitting you with a baseball bat but it's not Christ-like for you to insult people hitting you with a baseball bat.

Edited by anatess2

17 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

TFP, I miss you.

@Vort is in his most Vort-ish lately too. 

Okay, I'm not real happy about my apparent reputation for  being -- what, nasty? Intolerant? Critical? If you look through the great bulk of my posts, I think you will see a much different story.  But, whatever. I have written what I have written, and I've tried to be truthful. If that makes me unwelcome, I suppose I have no one to blame but myself.

To  be clear, there are fundamentally only two types of posts/posters I object to:

1. Trolls. Not the silly, jokey kind,  but the actual trollish kind. The person who enters or begins a conversation solely to throw a brickbat and then watch the melee ensue.
  2. Hypocrites.  By that, I mean Church members who trade on their religion to score political points, such as those who try to pressure the Brethren into adopting their own pet doctrinal beliefs (e.g. homosexual "marriage", female Priesthood ordination, or as in the present case, prohibiting a widower from being sealed to another wife). This class also includes those who are not members, but who nevertheless try to play on their connections to the Church to bolster their point, usually by claiming themselves as former members who finally saw reality and escaped the cult.

That's really it. And of the two, it's really only the second that I deeply object to. Trolls are like petty thieves or someone who farts in an elevator -- it's just the way some personalities are. To some extent, we just have to tolerate them and their immaturity. The latter is much more devilish, and what kind of Saint would I be if I refused to raise a warning voice? If you look through my seventeen million posts on this board, I do believe you will see the above pattern. I am very far from perfect, and have needed to apologize on numerous occasions. But I don't just grouch around being nasty for the fun of it.

Speaking the truth of the many men who show that they have low morals and low respect of womanhood does not mean that I have a low opinion of all men.  It is not Christ-like to exaggerate when someone is making a point.  I am sorry if you took it out of proportion.  That was not my intent.  But he was way out of line.

11 minutes ago, anatess2 said:

You have a very low opinion of men.

So yeah, there's this woman who keeps on hitting people with a baseball bat.  Over and over and over.  All the while saying I apologize for hitting you with a baseball bat but it's not Christ-like for you to insult people hitting you with a baseball bat.

c'mon, let's face it, when do men ever apologize without being asked? at least usually, its seen in many instances in many people;s lives, sadly lacking

8 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

That is not Christ's way of handling things.  

Oh yes it is. Read what He said to those who would not follow God's commands.

Ye den of vipers.

9 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

You really have no idea of how I view marriage.  

But I know how you view plural marriage. Horribly inaccurately and naively.

11 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

And it is men who want sex and want more then one wife.

Childish, immature men, maybe. I know very few mature men who actually want more than one wife. And any I am aware of do so because they believe it has been commanded them. You know very little about what mature, righteous men actually want.

12 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

Shaming people is not of God.  

You shame yourself. I am declaring it shameful, but you bring it on yourself when you say awful things about God, men, and scriptural principles of truth because you can't see past your own selfish interests.

14 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

Accept that women find polygamy hard.

I do. Others find keeping the Word of Wisdom hard. Some find keeping the law of tithing hard. Some find everything God would have us do hard. Finding something hard isn't relevant to the right or wrong of it. How YOU feel about plural marriage has no bearing on it at all.

15 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

Accept that you are a man who probably likes sex too much and probably is not patient enough, not charitable enough, and probably isn't selfless enough to understand and be able to keep one wife happy enough, let alone to be allowed to have two or more, and that if you don't repent  of whatever lusts you as a male have, you will not make it either. 

Okay. I am a man. I probably like sex too much. I'm definitely not patient enough, charitable enough, or selfless enough. I sometimes upset my wife. I would certainly upset a second one sometimes. If I don't overcome any lusts I have I will not make it.

What does any of that have to do with whether polygamy was commanded of God, will or won't be in the Celestial Kingdom, is or is not practiced by our Father in Heaven, and whether or not you're humble enough to accept whatsoever thing God seeth fit to inflict upon you?

18 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

I really have nothing else to say.

I don't believe you.

Prove me wrong...please.

19 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

I apologize for my rudeness. 

This I really don't believe.

19 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

But as for you being a man, i can hardly think you will , in your male analytical mind, see a need to apologize for your rude behavior.

When you blaspheme against my God I will defend Him. Un-apologetically.

7 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

and probably is not patient enough,

I have no patience for those would would criticize God and His ways.

1 minute ago, jewels8 said:

c'mon, let's face it, when do men ever apologize without being asked? at least usually, its seen in many instances in many people;s lives, sadly lacking

Ooh, are we at the point where we’re making gender-based overgeneralizations?  ‘Cause I got a Jack Nicholson line that’s gonna bring down the house.

12 minutes ago, Vort said:

Okay, I'm not real happy about my apparent reputation for  being -- what, nasty? Intolerant? Critical?

Neither am I. But to an extent I must accept that I will be viewed this way for daring to stand up and boldly speak what I believe to be true, and to not play into the current trend to coddle every moment of snowflakery hurt-feelings-prove-I'm-right nonsense.

7 minutes ago, jewels8 said:

what does TFP mean?

He means that when I say you are obsessed with the "sex" aspect of the matter and you reply by declaring me a man and all about sex and men care about sex too much and sex this and sex that, that it proves I am right by saying you are obsessed with the "sex" aspect of the issue.

2 minutes ago, The Folk Prophet said:

Oh yes it is. Read what He said to those who would not follow God's commands.

Ye den of vipers.

But I know how you view plural marriage. Horribly inaccurately and naively.

Childish, immature men, maybe. I know very few mature men who actually want more than one wife. And any I am aware of do so because they believe it has been commanded them. You know very little about what mature, righteous men actually want.

You shame yourself. I am declaring it shameful, but you bring it on yourself when you say awful things about God, men, and scriptural principles of truth because you can't see past your own selfish interests.

I do. Others find keeping the Word of Wisdom hard. Some find keeping the law of tithing hard. Some find everything God would have us do hard. Finding something hard isn't relevant to the right or wrong of it. How YOU feel about plural marriage has no bearing on it at all.

Okay. I am a man. I probably like sex too much. I'm definitely not patient enough, charitable enough, or selfless enough. I sometimes upset my wife. I would certainly upset a second one sometimes. If I don't overcome any lusts I have I will not make it.

What does any of that have to do with whether polygamy was commanded of God, will or won't be in the Celestial Kingdom, is or is not practiced by our Father in Heaven, and whether or not you're humble enough to accept whatsoever thing God seeth fit to inflict upon you?

I don't believe you.

Prove me wrong...please.

This I really don't believe.

When you blaspheme against my God I will defend Him. Un-apologetically.

I have no patience for those would would criticize God and His ways.

You are not perfect.  You should look to your own perfections and not tell me what to do. You have no right.  You are no prophet.  You are just a man, a imperfect man.  You have said that you are married   Do you really love your wife?  How would you feel if you had to share your wife with another man?  Are there any insecurities you have about your manhood, your ability to provide, your looks, your personality, etc.  How would you feel when she went to bed with him?  How would you feel when she was pregnant with his child?  How would you feel when she held his baby?  How would you feel when he was better looking than you?  Had a better job then you?  Made her happier than you?  Spent more time with her than you?  How would that make you feel?  Anyways, I think you could learn to be more sensitive about this subject and that would be pleasing to the Lord.  It is wrong to be rude and blunt about it.  Sometimes some people can't seem to see the forest for the trees.  I'm sorry if I have been offensive, but I am tired of uncharitable people posing as God.

Just now, jewels8 said:

You are not perfect.  You should look to your own perfections and not tell me what to do. You have no right.  You are no prophet.  You are just a man, a imperfect man.  You have said that you are married   Do you really love your wife?  How would you feel if you had to share your wife with another man?  Are there any insecurities you have about your manhood, your ability to provide, your looks, your personality, etc.  How would you feel when she went to bed with him?  How would you feel when she was pregnant with his child?  How would you feel when she held his baby?  How would you feel when he was better looking than you?  Had a better job then you?  Made her happier than you?  Spent more time with her than you?  How would that make you feel?  Anyways, I think you could learn to be more sensitive about this subject and that would be pleasing to the Lord.  It is wrong to be rude and blunt about it.  Sometimes some people can't seem to see the forest for the trees.  I'm sorry if I have been offensive, but I am tired of uncharitable people posing as God.

I mean look to your own imperfections

• pam unfeatured this topic