Sexual Harassment and General weirdness

Sunday21

1 hour ago, Carborendum said:

You've brought up this issue here before.  I'm still wondering why you didn't just call the police on him.  If that's how a guy behaves, he doesn't belong in free society.

I was wondering if word has come down from head office that we care about inappropriate behavior now. Mr Rubber’s behavior was really awful . Me Creepy’s behavior was just Creepy.

By the way, the leader of the family history center tells me that she was warned not to hire Mr Rubber as a handyman. This warning suggests that we are now taking this behaviour seriously. 

Edited by Sunday21

2 hours ago, Carborendum said:

You've brought up this issue here before.  I'm still wondering why you didn't just call the police on him.  If that's how a guy behaves, he doesn't belong in free society.

It's not a crime to be weird. Based on her description, I don't think there is anything actionable about a guy who likes to sit too close to you and rub his leg against yours.

Just now, Vort said:

It's not a crime to be weird. Based on her description, I don't think there is anything actionable about a guy who likes to sit too close to you and rub his leg against yours.

Having just read Sunday's last post, I may have gotten "Mr. Creepy" mixed up with "Mr. Rubber".  I was referring to Mr. Rubber.  And I believe (if it was as zil was possibly suggesting) that he was rubbing inappropriate parts or performing rubbing that was essentially "groping", then it IS a crime.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this Sunday21.  I hope this situation gets better. 

Someone I know was being stalked who was living with me.  He had done violent things to his wife in the past.  If he ever would have set foot in my house he might have been shot because I am armed a lot of times at home.  Authorities told him he was not allowed around my house.  Thankfully he has stayed away thus far.

On 5/19/2018 at 7:27 PM, Sunday21 said:

The problem is that creepy people find ways to talk to you in private when you are setting up chairs or if you leave to go to the bathroom during sacrament. They follow you around the building looking for opportunities!

Something a onetime girlfriend told me:

Women will go to the bathroom in groups, not because they all need to go use the facilities all at once, but because they need safety in such an isolated (and often sound proofed) location.

That sounded like a very wise practice.  It's unjust, unfair, wrong, and evil that we live in a world that would drive such tactics.  But that's what women have to work with.