Are WE working on a mobile app for MormonHub yet?

Behemoth

So, I’ve been spending a good deal of time on this site of yours since I signed on and I’ve enjoyed it. 1. Cause I like to argue and 2. It’s a good group of people. 

Just went to the App Store to see if you had an app, you don’t. 

Are the administrators or owners of this site also the designers and developers? Are you considering making an app?

Sounds to me like that would be a really nice step.

15 minutes ago, Grunt said:

Yeah.  It’s called an ankle bracelet.  

I kid!

Now are you referring to the bracelets some women wear when surfing (my first thought) or the bracelets you get when in house arrest?

Edited by Fether

Hi. I'm the tech guy.

We have had a MormonHub mobile app on and off the backburner. But we haven't had any plans in the near future for integrating the forums into it. While I agree that push notifications and such would be sweet, the amount of effort that would require to build and maintain that over what other things I could do is just not a priority currently (sorry :(, but I hope one day the forums get enough traction to merit that sort of special attention :). Don't get me wrong, you guys are great, and good things happen on the forums all the time, but, tech resources are currently better spent on a number of other projects currently that will get more bang for our buck for spreading the gospel online. 

Also, its just little ol' me maintaining and updating and coding for 100+ websites all the time (among other things). I work on the app occasionally, but other things are higher priority most of the time so, its very slow going.

If you want to throw out app ideas, I'll read em :) no promises they'll ever get implemented though, but always looking for inspiration.