Maybe I just don’t get it: Ministering

Fether

So, I mentioned it in another thread (which I now don't remember which and too lazy to search) that I volunteered to play the piano in our branch because we don't have a pianist.  Well, I bit off more than I can chew so last week, my son (who is a pianist) saved me from embarrassment and recorded himself playing the hymns I picked.  I went ahead and played the hymns over my bluetooth speaker during sacrament meeting and it worked brilliantly! 

Well, today, my son was out of town for Memorial Day so he couldn't save me.  I muddled through 4 hymns in sacrament meeting but I found out that it still worked brilliantly!  Why?  Because my "ministerers" ministered to me.  I was furiously practicing the hymns last Saturday in church and they just happen to be there and realized I was struggling.  So, somehow they got several women (and here it is again - they call their ministerers who call their ministerers...) and they all sat together and it doesn't matter that I ear-splittingly miss a note or get completely lost (as I did in the opening hymn of all places)... they kept up the tempo and continued singing!  

So, in this branch at least, ministering is working wonderfully.  I don't know how they were with VT because I've only been there less than 2 months but I bet they were also great at VT... but now, they can count the amazing help they offered me last Sunday as part of their Ministering report which I'm not sure if they could before in the VT-era.