The Man Shack

Overwatch

Just now, zil said:

<_<:huh::mellow::unsure:

...Only in forum posts.

lol Rude!  That first face was like "what do you want?" Then you saw I wasn't being a grump. I was legit curious. You are, as I have stated before, one of my favorites. Maybe you can help me on the Today's thread. I am not sure if you are married with kids but if you are how do you manage to keep the house clean and meals made?  ( IF your husband is the bread winner of course) Or maybe you have a better idea then splitting the duties with gender roles? I am going to ask Queen to give her thoughts too when she gets back from shopping. 

I am currently looking at some articles

So here is what I found so far. Of course these are written by non member moms, as one mentioned relaxing to coffee, obviously glean the good that is there

http://www.sheknows.com/community/parenting/6-lies-we-stay-home-moms-tell-ourselves-and-other-people

https://www.yahoo.com/news/how-being-a-stay-at-home-mom-almost-destroyed-my-110912124428.html

These articles are about women figuring out their own time management, lazy and personal issues. I am going to look up some for if the spouse thinks they don't need to change anything.

2 minutes ago, Overwatch said:

um, why?

I dont know because I have 2 year more study in London but she told me she no want to leave Costa Rica and I never asked her if she did want to, I just assumed she want to. 

1 minute ago, JayKi said:

I dont know because I have 2 year more study in London but she told me she no want to leave Costa Rica and I never asked her if she did want to, I just assumed she want to. 

Mijo... how could you not have asked?  Hmmm.  Lemme think..

Okie. Welllll, you can make a compromise with her. Say that if she lives with you and supports you for school then you will move back to Costa Rica once you graduate? but nor sure how that would transfer over...  

You can ditch England and be poor in Costa Rica???

Or you can cut your losses and find another gorgeous woman?  ( I know it seems heartless but you can't force someone to leave the land they love... unless you infest their land with narcotics.. or they get kicked out -_-)

Dang JayKi, that is hard man. I really don't know what to say after all that hard work courting and jumping through hoops.  Chico, there are a ton of beautiful women... if she isn't a good match then find another woman who is willing to Love JayKi and go wherever the road may take you both

Edited by Overwatch

Just now, Overwatch said:

Okie. Welllll, you can make a compromise with her. Say that if she lives with you and supports you for school then you will move back to Costa Rica once you graduate? but nor sure how that would transfer over...  

You can ditch England and be poor in Costa Rica???

I have to move back to Costa Rica once i become surgeon and i want to. i thought was obvious to her that she has no choice. 

Just now, Overwatch said:

Or you can cut your loses and find another gorgeous woman?  ( I know it seems heartless but you can't force someone to leave the land they love... unless you infest their land with narcotics.. or they get kicked out -_-)

Dang JayKi, that is hard man. I really don't know what to say after all that hard work courting and jumping through hoops.  Chico, there are a ton of beautiful women... if she isn't a good match then find another woman who is willing to Love JayKi and go wherever the road may take you both

no I will marry my love and if we have to live in different country for 2 year is okay 

1 minute ago, JayKi said:

I have to move back to Costa Rica once i become surgeon and i want to. i thought was obvious to her that she has no choice. 

[FACEPALM]  Nonononono ..... ugh.. don't assume. Well, she is kind of being a butt if she doesn't want to go for two years only

22 minutes ago, Overwatch said:

That first face was like "what do you want?"

That first face was wondering why you asked a question that was answered by the very post you quoted - sort of like looking at a person who clearly just lost several inches of hair and asking them if they got a haircut.

You are, as I have stated before, one of my favorites.

:blush:

Maybe you can help me on the Today's thread. I am not sure if you are married with kids but if you are how do you manage to keep the house clean and meals made?  ( IF your husband is the bread winner of course) Or maybe you have a better idea then splitting the duties with gender roles? I am going to ask Queen to give her thoughts too when she gets back from shopping.

I'm not sure what "the Today's thread" refers to (unless you mean today's posts in this thread, in which case, FYI, I've mostly been ignoring this thread.  I only stayed today because I caught a glimpse of @Grunt's "talk on fatherhood" and my brain immediately went into Literal Snarkist Doodle mode).

I am technically a widow.  (I say "technically" because I don't particularly feel like a widow - not that I'm sure what that's supposed to feel like.  I do feel single, however.)  I have no children.  I was very good at keeping the house clean before I got married.  The house has yet to recover from those years - I partly blame my calling - it and a full-time job keep me too busy to clean more often.  I have worked full time since I left college, back in the stone age.  Dinner tonight was peanut butter and jelly on separate pieces of toast (while they're good together, they're not good any closer together than two separate pieces of toast)1.

I think couples should agree on how to divide the chores in their household, and that no one else gets a say (though taking counsel from those you trust, and considering the wild2 ideas and experiences of others are good ideas).  Once you've agreed, each party should be proactive in doing their share of the work (as in, they should not need nagging to get it done; nor should one nag the other until / unless it's pretty clear that one party chooses to be reactive instead of proactive).  (In case it's not obvious, I've got a serious dislike of irresponsible behavior.)  I have also found that mundane work is more pleasant (or not so dull) when done with multiple people, if possible, or even just doing different tasks in proximity or at the same time.  Perhaps this is the "misery loves company" principle.

1My brother discovered a universal truth known as "The Worth-It Ratio".  This is the ratio of "peanut butter on toast" to "something more difficult to make".  Unless the more difficult thing is sufficiently appealing to overcome the "more difficult" part, dinner is peanut butter on toast.  (When you're the only one eating it, "more difficult" rarely seems worth it.)

2The older I get, the more in favor I am of considering and trying things which sound absurd (so long as they're still in harmony with the Gospel).