Mormon and gay. Where are we going?

Fether

20 hours ago, MormonGator said:

You think homosexuality is rebellion? Not arguing, just haven't heard that before. 

This is the next step after the 60's that was put on hold due to HIV. Stastics say it has little to do with gender attraction. Over 50% have over 100 partners in 5 years. The movement has a large segment that was unsuccessful and had the fear of rejection. There's no doubt part of the motivation is going against society. It is complex. Often one of the two dresses as the other gender, totally disputing the attraction argument. The main norm is no rules or expectations.

@john4truth: Promiscuity may indeed be more prevalent among homosexuals, I don't really know. However, it seems that the few (very few) homosexuals I am acquainted with are not promiscuous, and neither are the high profile LDS homosexuals like Tom Christofferson. Just because a certain percentage (even if it really is above 50%) of homosexuals tend towards promiscuous does not mean that all homosexuals tend towards promiscuous or that there are no homosexuals who would prefer long term monogamy.

On the other hand, it is also well known that a certain percentage (I have no idea what fraction it would be) of heterosexuals trend towards promiscuity. It seems to me that, "if ___ percentage of homosexuals are inherently promiscuous" is evidence that homosexuality is irredeemable, then it also seems possible that, "___ percentage of heterosexuals are inherently promiscuous" might also suggest that heterosexuality is likewise irredeemable. Since I do not believe the latter, I have trouble accepting the former.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2018 at 8:40 AM, Fether said:

Whenever the church has interactions with the LGBTQ+ community, it stirs a series of thoughts and questions.

What is the ultimate vision? Obviously it is rooted in charity and acceptance but not quite reaching into adoption of standards. Do we see some day in the future where homosexual couples are freely marrying each other outside of the church yet attending church faithfully? Even holding “minor” callings like a Sunday school teacher? 

Will the LGBTQ community ever stop seeing the church as a religion of bigotry if We never change our view of marriage, but still put as much efforts into strengthening our ties with them?

Does anyone believe that one day the church will allow homosexuals to receive temple recommends?? I definitely don’t.

here is the litmus test I use:
What do you do with it?

If you want to take an item from a store without paying for it, are you guilty of sin of theft? have you lost your temple worthiness? if you can restrain yourself in those sort of urges so that you don't commit sin then you are fine. I would hope a person would be honest with themselves and to their leaders so that they don't get put into a position that would potentially compromise them or put them into temptation.

As for the lgbtq community as a quasi political entity itself, no it will continue on the path to damnation.

Edited by Blackmarch

• pam unfeatured this topic